• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flying in Chicago?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PWK Flyers also advertises on many student pilot websites, which is a shame.
Yes, they are crap, dont ever think about renting one of their aircraft, you will be sorry.

I work at UGN - we have lots of people come up from the city on the train to fly. There are two places up here, Stick & Rudder Flying Club and Skill Aviation. My best advice is to poke around at all of the places mentioned and see which works best for you. I guess this is assuming you are looking for rental or instruction. Anyways. good luck.

Be Windy City Flyers is another good option at PWK that wasn't mentioned. Wide variety of airplanes and very well maintained. "American Flyers" won't let you rent their aircraft on your own, only for dual instruction.

There are actually a few others as well. PWK's website keeps an updated list:

http://www.palwaukee.org/PilotInfo/FlightSchools.htm

But all of this is academic since, as has been stated, you can't really get there by public transportation. I tried it once. You're better off taking the CTA Orange Line to Midway.

I lived in the city for ten years. The CTA will get you around, but it's surprisingly slow, and you'll be a lot more mobile once you have a car again. Do what you gotta do, but you may find that picking up some old beater for a few thousand will be worth it.

Latest resources

Back