• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TNHillbilly

King of the South
This is an excerpt from the Baxter Bulletin in Baxter Arkansas

http://www.baxterbulletin.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070213/NEWS01/702130311/1002

Sheid said he hoped the DOT would award the bid to RegionsAir, but in the event there is no change, he has been in contact with Trans States Airline to see if it would provide air service from Mountain Home to St. Louis.
Rae-Gaubert said RegionsAir is still in the running, but she and Sheid had been in contact with Philip Trenary, president of Pinnacle Airlines, which operates Northwest Airlinks, a feeder airline for Northwest Airlines. Trenary is interested in looking at providing commuter air service between Mountain Home and Memphis as a feeder for Northwest.
Pinnacle recently acquired Colgan Air Inc. — a feeder into US Airways and United Express, both serving the northeast part of the country — and is also the Continental Connection serving Texas, Rae-Gaubert added. With the purchase of Colgan, Pinnacle also received a fleet of 43-seat Saab 340s and 19-seat Beech 1900s.
Trenary believes the Mountain Home market might be the perfect market for the Saab, she said.
Trenary is familiar with the airport and is interested in providing air service in Mountain Home, Sheid said during the meeting. Trenary used to be with Lone Star Air when that airline provided service to the airport.
"If he can get service established with Northwest Airlines, it will allow service between Ozark Regional Airport and Memphis," Rae-Gaubert said in her telephone interview. "It is dependent on whether Northwest Airlines is willing to contract with Pinnacle to act as a feeder for them into Memphis. It is my understanding Trenary is attempting to set up a meeting with representatives from Baxter County and others who will go with him to Northwest and make a pitch on why this is a good market for Pinnacle to start serving as a feeder for this airline into Memphis."
That meeting has not been set. Sheid said during the meeting Monday he is trying to set up a meeting in Minneapolis with Northwest Airlines.

So Colgan might operate for NW now? This place sure gets around....:pimp:

I guess we might not need to repaint those pinnacle saabs after all.

So Colgan might operate for NW now? This place sure gets around....:pimp:

I guess we might not need to repaint those pinnacle saabs after all.

Funny, I thought I asked that question on the conference call! Can't they get a RJ into where-the-heck AR?

Funny, I thought I asked that question on the conference call! Can't they get a RJ into where-the-heck AR?

As much as we would love to keep the flying to ourselves...this place is just too short for one of our CRJ's to SAFELY land. We go into Panama City FL, probably one of the shortest runways we use here.

OZARK REGIONAL AR
Runway 5/23

Dimensions: 5001 x 75 ft. / 1524 x 23 mSurface: asphalt, in good conditionWeight bearing capacity: Single wheel: 17000 lbsRunway edge lights: medium intensityRUNWAY 5 RUNWAY 23

Last edited:
And who said Mesaba shouldn't be worried about Pinnacle buying Colgan? I predict this becoming an Airlinkers problem, not only a Pinnacle problem.

FO

nah, he's not lying......

He did leave out that it has to be an empty repo flight with 15kts of HW....;)
.....of course, the Beech can stop shorter. :laugh:

Depending on the props that you have on your airplane. The F.I. override knob would need to be pulled on the A's. I know that this is totally not allowed in any 121 Ops specs. I really doubt anyone does this anytime, anywhere. Especially after Eagle Shredded two props and an engine doing this a few years back. I have to call B.S. on this.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back