Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MyRadarIsOut said:
"so I'm guessing those jobs normally go to those fella's (and rightly so)."

And why do you think they should rightly go to those fellas?

Because those fellas have served their country and have a history of working for the government. Do you honestly think when applying for a federal job that somebody who never served their fellow citizens should get the same hiring preference as those of us that did?

Get real.

LJDRVR said:
Because those fellas have served their country and have a history of working for the government. Do you honestly think when applying for a federal job that somebody who never served their fellow citizens should get the same hiring preference as those of us that did?

Get real.

Uh yeah. So that will make them more qualified as a pilot? Working for the government is a whole lot less demanding than working in the private sector. Monday-Friday work, all holidays off, pensions, etc. I think that any non veteran can easily adapt to that.

DrProc said:
Uh yeah. So that will make them more qualified as a pilot? Working for the government is a whole lot less demanding than working in the private sector. Monday-Friday work, all holidays off, pensions, etc. I think that any non veteran can easily adapt to that.

Where did I say more qualified Doc? I said preference for hiring, which is the law.

If you don't like it, write your Congressman.

By the way, your assumptions about banking hours are misguided. The JPATS folks work harder and fly more than anybody in the industry except air tanker pilots during fire season. (Public use aircraft operations are not subject to monthly part 91 flight time limits.)

No cake walk.

Last edited:
MyRadarIsOut said:
And why do you think they should rightly go to those fellas?

They gave up years of their life to serve our country and keep us safe. IMO, they should be rewarded. I guess I'm alone in my thinking though...oh well.

~wheelsup

DrProc said:
Working for the government is a whole lot less demanding than working in the private sector. Monday-Friday work, all holidays off, pensions, etc.

Maybe you can relay your sentiments to Senator John McCain, who spent 5 years as a POW in Vietnam (I am sure the VC gave him weekends off), or maybe to the CIA Contractors in Colombia who are still there, after their Caravan crashed, or maybe you could tell that Air Force LT/CPT, who is running combat missions over Iraq at 50-60K a year pay

better yet, tell the families of the above people, how "government work is less demanding"

yeah, all above examples are less demanding and easier than flying a Saab 340 from ABI to DFW all day long...I am sure with your Amphib time you are at the top of the major airline resume list and the "easy government job" pilots are at the botton

I mean, the new-hire stats at the majors reflect just that fact don't they?

Last edited:
LJDRVR said:
Where did I say more qualified Doc? I said preference for hiring, which is the law.

If you don't like it, write your Congressman.

By the way, your assumptions about banking hours are misguided. The JPATS folks work harder and fly more than anybody in the industry except air tanker pilots during fire season. (Public use aircraft operations are not subject to monthly part 91 flight time limits.)

No cake walk.

Part 91 Flight Time Limits? Interesting.
How about those long haul international 121 operators that have no limit on duty time under supplemental rules.

Listen, I have nothing against the military, especially since I have been there and done that. But I have flown with a lot of people with a lot of experience from a lot of different outfits, and the one thing that I have found is that there is not one background that makes one pilot better than another. I have met just as many idiots with a military background, than with a civilian background. Also Conair operates more like an airline than as a military flight operation.

Now with that being said, can't we all just get along?

DrProc said:
Part 91 Flight Time Limits? Interesting.
How about those long haul international 121 operators that have no limit on duty time under supplemental rules.

Listen, I have nothing against the military, especially since I have been there and done that. But I have flown with a lot of people with a lot of experience from a lot of different outfits, and the one thing that I have found is that there is not one background that makes one pilot better than another. I have met just as many idiots with a military background, than with a civilian background. Also Conair operates more like an airline than as a military flight operation.

Now with that being said, can't we all just get along?

I assume you mean you were in the military, but not as a pilot? Your profile does not reflect that at least.

Geeezzzzzz,

Once again, a thread started in the attempt at some usefull info turns into a Pi$$ing match.......

Is it ever possible that a discussion won't turn into a "mine is bigger than your's" fest??

Anybody know how to delete a thread?

JohnDoe said:
Geeezzzzzz,

Once again, a thread started in the attempt at some usefull info turns into a Pi$$ing match.......

Is it ever possible that a discussion won't turn into a "mine is bigger than your's" fest??

Anybody know how to delete a thread?

Hey John.................no intended slur. Just interested in where this fellow was coming from. I also did a little tour and sometimes you would be suprised at who you come accross on this forum. TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND REMAIN CALM. No harm intended.

Wasn't only referring to you spooky. It started at post #10 and continued on from there with others involved.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back