Flying for 20 ASA 50-Seaters....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

crj567

I have heard that ASA is working on some sort of a contract with DAL which would be more of a "risk-sharing" or "pro-rated" form of an agreement... Supposedly, DAL would lt ASA keep a higher share of the proceeds on a full flight, but ASA could wind up sharing the losses if the flight were empty?
-Anyone hear something similar?

I personally asked Brad Holt (at the new crew lounge meeting) what the plan was for those airplanes.

He did say we would have the option to keep those airplane flying for delta at reduced rates...but his desire and focus was to diversify ASA so that our only income was not only Delta and was not only in Atlanta.

He said they had a lot of things in the works but that was about as much as he could say about it right now. He seemed really confident that those planes would keep flying.

Of course, he didn't (and prob. couldn't) go into a lot of details. But to me (and this is just my opinion) Brad always seems like a straight shooter. I have more confidence in him than I have had in our last two. I think he is working on it.

Side note: I do believe it is in our best interest to do everything we can to keep our performance numbers up. We need to do our part to help him "sell" ASA.

If Brad said it, I'll buy into it. He won't give you warm fuzzies if he believes otherwise. During a meeting with Brad, he was asked about possible furloughs before they happened and all he would say is that all options were on the table. He went on to say they were doing their best but could not rule it out. At this point about three months before it happened, that was about as much as a confirmation as I needed to make the assumption. He isn't going to pull punches. Had this been BL, all you would have heard was "NO FURLOUGHS!!"

My experience as a commuter usually involved a 4:45 AM wakeup to make the 6AM flight to Atlanta because the loads looked horrible during the day. Sure I was able to relax on the flight, but it was a long day regardless.

SkyWest is doing some at risk flying for United out west. Hopefully ASA can get some at risk flying for them out of IAD

I personally asked Brad Holt (at the new crew lounge meeting) what the plan was for those airplanes.

He did say we would have the option to keep those airplane flying for delta at reduced rates...but his desire and focus was to diversify ASA so that our only income was not only Delta and was not only in Atlanta.

He said they had a lot of things in the works but that was about as much as he could say about it right now. He seemed really confident that those planes would keep flying.

Of course, he didn't (and prob. couldn't) go into a lot of details. But to me (and this is just my opinion) Brad always seems like a straight shooter. I have more confidence in him than I have had in our last two. I think he is working on it.

Side note: I do believe it is in our best interest to do everything we can to keep our performance numbers up. We need to do our part to help him "sell" ASA.

I Agree-

It is ironic that the place just coasted under such horrible leadership from those two DAL reject CEOs-what a couple of real stinking turds! The irony lies in the fact that we now have someone who seems to be approachable, who really cares, and who has performed true miracles to get us to the point we are now at-yet the industry is still in freefall.

No matter what happens, I am impressed with Brad. The guy takes the time to e-mail us back, and often addresses problems personally! I do hope he can pull off another miracle or two, because under the thumbs of the new evil Delta is no place for any airline to be!

charter ops have been discussed, at risk for Delta has been discussed. Brad's number one goal is to broaden ASA's customers.

I like the idea of something along the lines with what Allegiant does. Of course it would be on a much smaller scale. We could only utilize a few hulls but it would be better than none. Las Vegas would be a stretch but maybe Tunica, Lake Charles, Biloxi...etc.

Latest resources

Back