Flying a King Air over the Gulf

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
§ 91.501 Applicability.

(a) This subpart prescribes operating rules, in addition to those prescribed in other subparts of this part, governing the operation of large airplanes of U.S. registry, turbojet-powered multiengine civil airplanes of U.S. registry, and fractional ownership program aircraft of U.S. registry that are operating under subpart K of this part in operations not involving common carriage. The operating rules in this subpart do not apply to those aircraft when they are required to be operated under parts 121, 125, 129, 135, and 137 of this chapter. (Section 91.409 prescribes an inspection program for large and for turbine-powered (turbojet and turboprop) multiengine airplanes and turbine-powered rotorcraft of U.S. registry when they are operated under this part or part 129 or 137.)[/QUOTE

"Large airplanes," then your really big red letters. Isn't a BE300 a large airplane?

§ 91.501 Applicability.

(a) This subpart prescribes operating rules, in addition to those prescribed in other subparts of this part, governing the operation of large airplanes of U.S. registry, turbojet-powered multiengine civil airplanes of U.S. registry, and fractional ownership program aircraft of U.S. registry that are operating under subpart K of this part in operations not involving common carriage. The operating rules in this subpart do not apply to those aircraft when they are required to be operated under parts 121, 125, 129, 135, and 137 of this chapter. (Section 91.409 prescribes an inspection program for large and for turbine-powered (turbojet and turboprop) multiengine airplanes and turbine-powered rotorcraft of U.S. registry when they are operated under this part or part 129 or 137.)[/QUOTE

"Large airplanes," then your really big red letters. Isn't a BE300 a large airplane?

Yes it is.. That is why I said I saw he was flying a 300 so to never mind.

Don't forget tips go along way. Unless you're paying a lot for a handler, I'd say about $60 coming and $60 going will help things go smoothly.

I assume you're talking about the 406 transponder? Didn't know MX was requiring it. Also, can someone point me to what part of the regs explains the requirements for rafts and PFD's? i.e., pyrotechnic, ELT, certification, etc. Thanks

Yes, it is required for all international flight operations.

Also, (someone correct me if I'm wrong) I seem to recall that proof of insurance is a VERY big deal down there...the irony is delicious.

If I remember correctly, it's such a big deal that they'll confiscate the plane if you can't prove you have the appropriate coverage. Perhaps the handlers take care of that automatically.. and I could be mixing up my countries. FWIW..

Also, (someone correct me if I'm wrong) I seem to recall that proof of insurance is a VERY big deal down there...the irony is delicious.

If I remember correctly, it's such a big deal that they'll confiscate the plane if you can't prove you have the appropriate coverage. Perhaps the handlers take care of that automatically.. and I could be mixing up my countries. FWIW..

Yes you must have a Mexican insurance policy. Not a big deal, just call your insurance agent and for a couple hundred bucks your all set.

Latest resources

Back