FLYI management geniuses, no really

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cappy said:
Critisize our hourly rates all you want but don't forget the per diem and soft time.

You mean the lovely $1.60/hour? How about the monthly transition conflict pay and training pay that we used to get but don't any more since we were going to get PBS...now we're not getting PBS and they get our pay cuts until the end of 2007. Not that we'll be around then but we sure didn't think that way when this crap was negotiated. Basically I wouldn't say our soft pay is that great any more.

jjetpilot said:
But with those slashed pay rates and the fact they are bidding on Air Wis routes.......

Another round of slashing pay/benefits for the entire regional industry?

dunno....

FlyI bid on Air Wisconsin routes because FlyI was approached by UAL. FlyI's BOD had a fiducary responsibility to bid. The bid will not be accepted by UAL.

UAL scored a PR point by humiliating FlyI (USA Today Money Section Headline) and possibly scaring away more customers.

Personally, without a major code-share deal with someone, I don't see FlyI lasting into the summer. And that, my friends, sucks for all involved.

(But, it was worth it.)

tuna pimp said:
Dispatch Guy,

how does Indy's CASM shake out vs. other RJ operators on a leg adjusted pure-play basis?

It doesnt really break it down like that, but here are a lot of the other regional' carriers CASM numbers for the 3rd Quarter. With the exception of FlyI, all regionals were profitable; with the smallest operating margin at 6 % at Mesaba/Big Sky; all others except Mesaba/Big Sky and FlyI had operating margins at 9% or higher...

Express Jet - 12.4 CPM
AA Eagle - 14.2 CPM
Republic Holdings - 10.3 CPM
Horizon - 14.8 CPM
Air Wisconsin - 15.5 CPM
Mesaba/Big Sky - 13.2 CPM
Skywest - 13.4 CPM
Mesa - 11.0 CPM
Indy Air - 19.9 CPM
ASA - 12.3 CPM
Comair - 12.2 CPM

Hey Monkey,