Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

G-Stream

The truth changes
So now that it looks like Flyi is gone and theres yet another several hundred pilots on the street, wheres a good place to go?

Everytime I read this board for info on where to go next, it just depresses me.

Is it me or is the market swamped by too many unemployed pilots looking for too few seats?

Best of luck to all the Flyi folks out there, Ill miss working with you.

Are you serious? There's THOUSANDS of major airline pilots furloughed right now. This is not new. The failure of Flyi is just the latest airline debacle in the epic saga of the failing US airline system.

Are you able to continue on in a G-V? Sounds great to me! Try getting on with JetBlue, Southwest, UPS, FedEx, or apply to other cargo airlines. There is work out there, good luck!

G-stream, I am so sorry about your current situation, I was reading and had to take a few moments to respond, I know a ton of aviation people both in corporate and commercial, and private,

There are so many good and inspiring stories I can share with you, however, may I suggest, take a deep breath and re-focus in the morning, get hot and heavy on your resume and cover letter, perhaps if going for contract work, go to Kinko's and get some biz cards made up, send them to everyone you know, every flight department, make some cold calls, I do! It works! When I was looking for work and being laid off (by the same company twice with a captain) we got hot and heavy and just started working on the calls, and making contacts, and rechecking with various companies, even had some of the Chief Pilots, call us from South America, during Christmas, to say, hey I remember you gave me a call, and it was a good conversation, we need a pilot and flight attendant, "are you guys interested?".

Can you relocate for jobs? That is a big plus! There are jobs, out there, some crappy some good, but get hot and heavy, our great friend recently got fired for no reason, ( we got him the job on a Hawker part 91) he really isn't that good flying either, but his attitude is great, he found his way to california, walked into flight departments and had a job within 10days! Prior to his Hawker job, he was making maybe 37k, and he got 56K, on now is making 86k, with no cats, no dogs, no wives! Kudo's to him, good luck!

No best of luck, and get on it now!

Also, my friend didn't have a ton of hours, he was a mechanic for years, and then a flight engineer for years on a a 727, his flying hours, he gained since probably since 2002, not many but this is one determined guy, he was our roommate for a long time, he is good guy, who really cares, and tries to make things right! He is now on his own, a young guy, who really knows how to get it! He never ever gave up! Never! Everyone likes him!

Latest resources

Back