FlyI doing well?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Crizz said:
Had a "very senior" jumpseater from FlyI the other day, and he was saying that loads were 90%+ and they were going to break even or possibly make money this summer. Is this true?

Thanks!

O once again, the ever famous, "guy in the jumpseat". Thoes guys in the jumpseat always have the best info.

Biatch5 said:
I just found out from a guy that works at FlyI that is dating PCL_128 and thats having an affair with The Russian said they are not doing well.

IT MUST BE TRUE!

According to the Russian's avatar, I am getting married to the Russian at the AirTran hangar. Should I be concerned about this affair . . . .is the Russian even a chick? And, if it is a chick, is it a really hairy one with cankles from hell and a butt as wide as a barn door? Inquiring minds want to know.

Maybe I'm just getting cold feet . . ..

GogglesPisano said:
Loads are up (above 90% on the Busses to the West Coast.) Not as high on the RJ's. Attrition is supposedly 1 pilot/day. Lots of sick calls due to interviewing/job fairs and this is causing cancellations (it doesn't help that they over-furloughed to begin with.) We have approx 800 pilots on the list (peak of 1650 pre-911)

Rumor has it that we failed to meet whatever financial targets GECAS set out when we refinanced back in Feb and they may take the 8 CRJs that are in the balance (I think 'may' = 'very likely') bringing us down to 50 CRJ's. No new A319's above the 12 until Jan '06. Due to attrition, even if the 8 CRJ's go the company feels that it may not need to furlough more. As a matter of fact, some voluntary furloughees are being asked to come back.

They will reverse -split the stock to get it above $1.00 and thus stave off a NASDAQ delisting.

Bottom line: A gutsy experiment poorly executed resulting in a mass exodus of pilots (and a decimation of shareholder value.) Loads are up but yield is what makes or breaks any airline, and in this fare environment and with oil being what it is ... I see things really start to happen quickly after Labor Day (and I don't mean good things.)

Very well put!! 90% loads on the 319 only to the west coast is not going to make ANY company money, especially with fares they're charging.. Losing pilots, planes, and $$$ hardly seems like Indy is doing well. I wish them the best, but unfortunately, my wishes never come true.

Ty Webb said:
According to the Russian's avatar, I am getting married to the Russian at the AirTran hangar. Should I be concerned about this affair . . . .is the Russian even a chick? And, if it is a chick, is it a really hairy one with cankles from hell and a butt as wide as a barn door? Inquiring minds want to know.

Maybe I'm just getting cold feet . . ..

The Russian was a guy but now is a chick. She/he has fankles kinda like Hillary. Send my invite via flightinfo.

Question. I was in OKC yesterday, and I noticed about 6 or 7 Flyi CRJs just sitting on the ramp. What's up with that? I was wondering if it is a paint shop, or if it's where the company is just sending them when they take them out of service.

BigHangar said:
Question. I was in OKC yesterday, and I noticed about 6 or 7 Flyi CRJs just sitting on the ramp. What's up with that? I was wondering if it is a paint shop, or if it's where the company is just sending them when they take them out of service.

Pretty sure that place is transent ground for some part of the leasing company. I know AWAC's former D-328's were parked there for quite a long time.

Fly I is filling airplanes by giving the seats away. They are selling seats for $.06 to $.09 per seat mile, while the costs of operating the CRJ are $.12 + per seat mile.

Fly I's President was blaming United for Fly I's problems, saying that they Fly I did not concieve of United selling their seats for less than what it cost the airline to operate the airplane. Is that the POT calling the KETTLE black, or what?

I was pulling for Independence. They had some terrible luck with fuel prices and it was never their intention to run a low cost carrier with CRJ200's. The smaller CRJ's only work as network feed. Point to point has to get premium prices to break even.

BigHangar said:

Probably some of the ones coming over to ASA. I heard they were getting refurb'd in Tulsa (or was in Tucson?). Maybe not enought ramp space in Tulsa.

Crizz said:
We all realize that... please dont post if you dont have anything constructive to add about Indy. Just wondering how they are doing.

So all posts now have to be constructive. Let me rephrase: I think the airline can be profitable, all they have to do is get their ticket prices up to a price which will, given a good load factor, produce more revenue per flight than the cost to operate the aircraft on said flight.

There: constructive

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back