• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlyI doing well?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The planes at OKC have all of the Independence markings taken off of them...they are no longer part of their fleet.

GogglesPisano said:
Loads are up (above 90% on the Busses to the West Coast.) Not as high on the RJ's. Attrition is supposedly 1 pilot/day. Lots of sick calls due to interviewing/job fairs and this is causing cancellations (it doesn't help that they over-furloughed to begin with.) We have approx 800 pilots on the list (peak of 1650 pre-911)

Rumor has it that we failed to meet whatever financial targets GECAS set out when we refinanced back in Feb and they may take the 8 CRJs that are in the balance (I think 'may' = 'very likely') bringing us down to 50 CRJ's. No new A319's above the 12 until Jan '06. Due to attrition, even if the 8 CRJ's go the company feels that it may not need to furlough more. As a matter of fact, some voluntary furloughees are being asked to come back.

They will reverse -split the stock to get it above $1.00 and thus stave off a NASDAQ delisting.

Bottom line: A gutsy experiment poorly executed resulting in a mass exodus of pilots (and a decimation of shareholder value.) Loads are up but yield is what makes or breaks any airline, and in this fare environment and with oil being what it is ... I see things really start to happen quickly after Labor Day (and I don't mean good things.)

Yo....House X and Always Deferred. Googles is Etoper!!!! I found him...I found him!!!!

How dare he say such mean spirited things against those gutsy guys and gals who had the strength to tell United to shove it! He must be a bitter United pilot or something in his childhood that turned him into the heritic that he is.

Hey moderators!! Ban this filthy swine from this board, thus saving us from ever having to read his rantings against our beloved FLYi and their gallant leader Sir Kerry Skeen.

Come on Googles. Stop the hate man.

Last edited:
Mickey:

The difference between us is that I don't relish in what's happening at FlyI and I hold my colleagues there in the utmost esteem. You seem to have some sort of twisted delight in FlyI's fate.

Do a search of your own posts over the past year or so.

I suggest therapy.

GogglesPisano said:
Mickey:

The difference between us is that I don't relish in what's happening at FlyI and I hold my colleagues there in the utmost esteem. You seem to have some sort of twisted delight in FlyI's fate.

Do a search of your own posts over the past year or so.

I suggest therapy.

#1. I dont relish what is happening to the employees at FLYi. I just get a kick out of the press releases they come up with which are so blatently full of poop.

#2. I know what I wrote and the spirit in which I wrote it. I just called a spade a spade....much like your post I quoted.

#3. Their is just not enough therapy to cure me. For God sakes men...save yourselfs. I'm too far gone.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back