FLYI closes doors...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Grassstrippilot said:
Sad day indeed. Best of luck to all over there. I made a lot of great friends there and hate to see them, or anyone, go through this.

Maybe I missed it on another thread out there, but maybe some of you guys still at Indy can answer this. What are they doing down in CAE with the RJs? A friend of mine told me that they are taking the wings off of the RJs and shipping them somewhere on flatbed trucks. Sounds like that place has turned into an aircraft chop shop. Seems that it would be cheaper to just fly them to the desert. Anyway, I was just curious.

Best of luck to you all....actually to everyone. The way this industry is going, we're all going to need it.

Possible operation of mesa smuggling CRJ's to hawaii??

taloft said:
Maybe this is a stupid question, but I just gotta ask: Why not just go into bankruptcy protection and keep operating like the other airlines?

In any case, best wishes to the FlyI folks in the new year.

FLYi was in Ch 11 and ran out of money for continued operation. Really sucks for the people that haven't been able to get a new job yet.

It's been a pleasure to fly with all my former Blueridgers...special shout goes to all the ACA Dornier CA's I used to swing gear for...

TOGA TO TEN!!!

PacoPollo said:
AE is hiring.

Not a good career move from what my friends there tell me. Will never upgrade until they are too old to apply to SWA or jetBlue or whatever major is hiring in 15+ years.

Might as well make a good living outside of the aviation industry which is what they are about to do once they both finish their MBAs

Hey guys.....

Check out the Non-skeds. QOL will be nothing to write home about,but at least you will get a starting salary that you can buy groceries with and possibly a quicker upgrade. Interesting segment of the airline industry that has a tendency to be overlooked.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Peleton said:
Rez...hows life over at Pinnacle? As a former FLYI guy you sure do talk alot of trash.

Nothing but admiration, repsect and good times for the FLYI pilots and Stews...

It's the CorpClowns I have issue with....

Regards,

Rez O.

Grassstrippilot said:
Sad day indeed. Best of luck to all over there. I made a lot of great friends there and hate to see them, or anyone, go through this.

Maybe I missed it on another thread out there, but maybe some of you guys still at Indy can answer this. What are they doing down in CAE with the RJs? A friend of mine told me that they are taking the wings off of the RJs and shipping them somewhere on flatbed trucks. Sounds like that place has turned into an aircraft chop shop. Seems that it would be cheaper to just fly them to the desert. Anyway, I was just curious.

Best of luck to you all....actually to everyone. The way this industry is going, we're all going to need it.

Not sure about CAE, but I was at TUS last friday and there were about a dozen Flyi CRJs sitting on the Bombardier ramp... I'm sure that number will be growing drastically in the next coming weeks.

Easy Mac said:
I'm really surprised. I for one did not see this coming.

Yeah me neither. It was in the back of my head, but I expected them to make as other airlines have in the past. Indy Air had really changed the way ACA did customer service. I heard nothing but great things about the Flyi Family once they made the change away from UAL.
This will really open your eyes to something. ACA was the place to be about 3 years ago. Everyone of my college friends went there right out of school. Hell, I wanted to go there.
Just to think such a great regional in the past will be shutting it's doors in less than 1 week. CHQ is today where ACA was yesterday. It could happen to any of us.

I must say; the crews at ACA were a class from the top. Always professional, but yet always friendly and a lot of fun. Some of my very best peeps going thur class at CHQ came from ACA/Indy. You guys fought for what was right. Although it didn't end on the best terms, you have truly set the bar one notch higher. Best of Luck to you and your Families!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back