Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

islandhopper

Clone War veteran
Nothing on good old flightinfo about Fly Guam so I figure may as well post this article from todays Guam newspaper. Looks like a fun place to work. I hope they give it a good run and make some headway. Also it's very nice to see 737 operator again in the Pacific with November tail numbers.

http://www.mvariety.com/2011041936085/local-news/fly-guam-to-add-two-aircraft-to-its-fleet.php

FLY Guam, the newest local carrier that made its inaugural flight from Guam to Hong Kong via Saipan last month, says it will have two new planes and will increase international operations within the next two months.

Carlos Santos of Fly Guam and Micronesia Publishing told the Saipan Rotary Club that Fly Guam operates a 737, 144-seat aircraft which makes three trips on the Guam-Saipan-Hong Kong route each week.

In a few weeks, Santos said Fly Air will acquire another 737 aircraft to ply the Philippines-Palau route, and another plane for the China flight service.

Santos said they are also working to connect Saipan to China through Fly Marianas, an issue which they have already brought up with the Marianas Visitors Authority.

“We have already talked with MVA to launch Fly Marianas,” he added.

Santos said Fly Guam may be new to the area, but they are not new to the airline industry.

He said they have been in the business for several years already, partnering with 10 cargo companies all over Asia and with several offices and agent location offices in China, Japan and other countries.

Santos said within the next three years, Fly Guam aims to have a total of six aircraft flying from Guam and Saipan to Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, Japan, the Philippines and Korea.

Santos said Fly Guam wants to promote Guam and Saipan as tourist destinations for travelers from its target seven destinations.

“About 70 percent of our main market is from the mainland China, and the remaining 30 percent are from the other destinations,” Santos said.

He said their loading factor is still low but they got their first full booking from Saipan to Guam on Friday.

“For May, we have about 60 percent loading factor, and we hope to increase that in the next few months,” Santos said.

“We are happy to contribute to the overall economic progress of Saipan and Guam,” he added.

Santos said Fly Guam is focused on making every passenger’s journey as enjoyable and unique as possible.

“We believe it’s the small details that make the difference,” he added.

Brand differentiation

Santos said as much as possible, Fly Guam wants to be “local” in all that it offers to the passengers, starting with its menu which was designed by Peter Duenas, owner of Meskla, a Chamorro restaurant on Guam.

For its inflight magazine, Santos said they launched “Hafa Adai” which contains articles and photos contributed by local writers and photographers who possess first-hand knowledge about the islands.

Published monthly, “Hafa Adai” magazine will be distributed to all seven destinations of the new airline: Guam, Saipan, China, Taipei, Korea and the Philippines.

Promo rates

For April and May, Fly Guam sales representative Ruth Mendiola said they offer a $186.36 roundtrip airfare from Saipan to Guam inclusive of taxes, and $450 roundtrip promo plus taxes from Saipan to Hong Kong. A 25 percent discount is also available for senior citizens.

Mendiola said they will inform the public as soon as the regular rates will implemented.

For reservations, email [email protected] or call 234-2FLY (359).

Is this the outfit using planes from Skyking? Do they have their own certificate and crews?

You better pack your bag...you start on Monday in Saipan.

My sphincter tightened up when I read this. I remember the Saipan gig ATA management tried to shove down our throats in early 2006. Not that it would have made much difference in the end.

My sphincter tightened up when I read this. I remember the Saipan gig ATA management tried to shove down our throats in early 2006. Not that it would have made much difference in the end.

Oh, some sphincters are going to get tightened up all right out there, but that's actually the good news....

Latest resources

Back