FltPlan.com call sign

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JJET44

Anybody using a FltPlan.com assigned call sign? Is it per flight or is it permanently assigned to your tail#? What is the call sign? Is it easy to set up?
Thx in advance,
JJet

dot com is the call sign, I am starting to hear them more and more. That is all the info I have.

they issue an aircraft specific call sign, and then you are allowed to use whatever number you wish to remain anonymous. It will automatically randomize the number if you want it to.

I talked with them today and signed up. They issued us a call sign that we'll use every time. It is $250.00 per year for the service but well worth it.
Thx for the responses
JJet

It's like having an airline dispatch at your fingertips and now with the iPad....how did we manage 10 years ago???

I love fltplan.com. It is by far the easiest and most intuitive interface.

We started using it. You cannot actually use any number following the DCM prefix. We were told we had to select something in the 30xx or 31xx range since that is what the FAA accorded them. When I asked if they were seeking approval for additional numbers they said no. The benefit is that in addition to anonymity, the DCM identifiers were also blocked at the vendor level. There were some issues early on since Flightaware was somehow able to tie up the callsigns to tail numbers and customers were pissed. The FAA is also now looking at the legality of a service provider allowing use of their identifier. Whether or not BARR gets reinstated, it's at least a temporary solution.

Latest resources

Back