FltOps Personal Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyhigh1975

Would anyone be kind enough to give me an insight of what the personal interview will consist of? I am meeting with the CP and CR on Friday and would like to know what to expect when I meet them. What kind of questions they will direct towards me et al? Thanks in advance!

They will want to inspect yer rectum to see if it is adequately sized to accept whatever might come its way.

Yank McCobb said:
They will want to inspect yer rectum to see if it is adequately sized to accept whatever might come its way.

Gee Yank,
The Guy was just trying to get some pointers before his big day............Cut'em some slack !

I think the name "Stifler", instead of Yank McCobb would be right up your alley with the hell you give some folks on this board.

Dueguard,

Why don't you cut Yank some slack also. I think we all need a laugh sometimes, ans I laughed my a$$ off.

Flyhigh,

If it's like it has been in the past, 99% of the interview will be with HR, I'm assuming it's still Eric G. doing the intro and tour. During the short technical portion you'll probably be asked to breif an approach to ASE or EGE. Talk about VDP and approach climb considerations. May also talk about departure climbs and realize a BE40 cannot meet the climb requirement so we must have the mins states in the "other" colomn to allow for VFR departure.

That's about it, make sure this is what you want, ask LOTS of questions. Good luck. You have the job if you want it.

dueguard1 said:
Gee Yank,
The Guy was just trying to get some pointers before his big day............Cut'em some slack !

I think the name "Stifler", instead of Yank McCobb would be right up your alley with the hell you give some folks on this board.

Hey. I thought it was funny. I'm not sure what made me think of it at that particular moment...but there was this whole "professional rectum inspector" bit on here in response to a guy who was asking questions about a physical he was about to undergo where he heard they "inspect your rectum". Like I said, I really don't know what made me think of it now, but when I did...I just threw it out there.

All in jest. Like pretty much everything I post on this board...with a few exceptions to a select group of deserving individuals. But mostly, I'm just killing time and making myself smile. No more, no less.:)

Last edited:
Yank.....I thought it was very funny

oh and Flyhigh1975, good luck on your interview, and be sure to ask them for a union card as well.

Remember what ever they tell you, your upgrade will be at LEAST 5 years, probably a little longer. Good luck.

Flops Interview

Hey be sure to let us know what they tell you in the interview too. Or I guess what they try to sell you on.

HS

The main thing Eric and the CP du jour will want to know is. "Are you coming to us with your eyes open?"

They will highlight the less than glamourous things like cleaning the plane, emptying lavs, multiple leg days, short notice changes, rescue trips, celebrity owners, long days, minimum rest periods, 8 days on duty, yadda yadda.

Domicile policy will come up. Long upgrade time will come up. They want to make sure you understand what you are getting in to.

It's your job to lose at this point. A positive attitude will guarantee you (practically) the job. But listen.... they really will tell you the less happy parts of the job. Please make sure you really understand what it entails. Don't be one of the few that a week after indoc is whining about what a tough job it is.

Then, send in your union card. :)

Latest resources

Back