• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Captzaahlie

My kind of FOD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetSpeed219
Here is the first video footage I have seen, it happens at 3:31 taken from a coast guard camera. After it happens the camera zooms in and you can see just how quickly they evacuated the airplane, amazingly quick.
http://www.inquisitr.com/15530/video...-hudson-river/

Thanks for posting that JetSpeed219!

I know beggars can't afford to be choosy but it would have been nice to see the most important thing the flare! I'm sure there is another surveillance camera out there that caught it. :nuts:

Sorry to repost this from the other thread but I thought more would get a chance to see it this way.
:erm:

Last edited:
Incredible video. Whoever was monitoring that camera did a great job following the event.

A bit ironic that at 8:30 into it they pass by the static Concorde.

I know in the news they talked about the fast current in the river but the pictures really put that into perspective. 4 minutes from splash down till the first large boat was on the scene. Dam fine job by everyone involved!

Amazing how we can get video footage of this plane going down in a river in New York several days later but after 8 years we still cant see video footage of a plane crashing into the Pentagon!

Consider the success was inpart to the calm water...

Had this been in the Atlantic with swells...

Also, the A320 profiles the water blending in somewhat...... if this was in an ocean all the much harder to locate....

Also, I always got a chuckle out the cool dudes that are so quick to release their shoulder harness... somewhere right after V2....

Did anyone wlse see the person that fell off the right wing when all of the passengers were starting to flood out of the aircraft. He/she was close to the end of the wing by the winglet. You can see one of the people (Maybe a FA) kneeling down to pull the passenger out of the water.

Amazing how we can get video footage of this plane going down in a river in New York several days later but after 8 years we still cant see video footage of a plane crashing into the Pentagon!

Everybody with enough sense to know that Santa Claus isn't real...also knows that the Pentagon was not hit with a 757.

Everybody with enough sense to know that Santa Claus isn't real...also knows that the Pentagon was not hit with a 757.

Everyone knows that the plane and all 64 people on it got vortexed by the Mauntok Death Ray over to the "LOST" island. Santa Claus and JFK Jr are 'The Others!' Wake up people!!!

Latest resources

Back