Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

citabriapilot

V Murdda...
Looking to move back closer to home... Anyone know of any descent/legit King Air operators in FL or GA (Atlanta area) that would hire into the left seat? I'm looking for something about 6 months down the road and should have around 2500 TT and 500 multi turbine pic. Only interested in outfits with a good reputation with maintenance, qol and pilot/employee relations. Too much to ask?

Thanks!

Left seat?? Oh boy. I sure hate to burst your bubble, but here is what is happening out there with insurance. I go to a 300-350 KA operator, I have close to 12,000 total, 9,000 multi, 3500 in King Airs. I used to OWN and operate King Airs. He tells me,, sorry no go. The insurance co. could care less about the time unless it is time with a rating. I have a citation rating, but only 250 hrs in citations,, not enough to get on flying PIC in his 350.
And no, I don't have an attitude, this guy really wanted to put me on, but his insurance co. said unless I do 100 hours in the right seat, they will not cover me.
Go figure,,,,
So I fly the citation PIC. Makes no sense to me.

Hung

Hung Start said:
Left seat?? Oh boy. I sure hate to burst your bubble, but here is what is happening out there with insurance. I go to a 300-350 KA operator, I have close to 12,000 total, 9,000 multi, 3500 in King Airs. I used to OWN and operate King Airs. He tells me,, sorry no go. The insurance co. could care less about the time unless it is time with a rating. I have a citation rating, but only 250 hrs in citations,, not enough to get on flying PIC in his 350.
And no, I don't have an attitude, this guy really wanted to put me on, but his insurance co. said unless I do 100 hours in the right seat, they will not cover me.
Go figure,,,,
So I fly the citation PIC. Makes no sense to me.

Hung
I'm calling complete BS on your post man. What in the world are you thinking "trying" to get a King Air job with 12,000 hours? I was flying an A90 with 1000 total time in south FL. Your an idiot, but that;s just my 2 cents.

I do not know if you are an idiot, but it sound like the owner of the company that you were trying to wrk for was. Either that or he was looking to let you down gently while trying to be a good guy.

Oh, Ok,, so I'm an idiot. I thought the fact that he was insured for 50 million on his operation might have put the restrictions on. And why did I want to fly a King Air at 12,000 hours? Because I just like to fly. Fortunately, I made enought dough that I can do as I please. I didn't take it personal, just putting out info as I was told.
Enjoy cleaning the pot on your 90, man! At least it is near the door.

Hung

Shamus I hate to break it to you man but a guy flying an Dragged out A-90 in south florida has a difference insurance than a guy with a new or almost new 300-350 series. I doubt the guy in the A-90 even has insurance. Oh and yes i've flown the 65-90,a,b,c,e, and F 90 plus the 200 series plus modified 90 series. So i know what the insurance differences would be on the 300-350.

Insurance companies are what drive this industry. Eventually you will see the pendulum swing that some private operators won't even carry insurance. They will just take the loss. I know we're thinking of doing it. The numbers almost line up. Go to simcom many many owner operators are flying without insurance. Part 91 owner operators.

So what if HungStart has 12,000 hours and still wants to fly king airs. He's owned them, operated them and will definetly take better care of them than some guy with 1000 hours begging for A-90 time. Shamus that A-90 time wasn't for Tab Express was it? Because paying for it isn't really like you're flying it for an operator.

So before you call a guy an idiot, think about it for a second. Then realize that you just aren't in the same league as the other guy.

The reason I ask...

I have a coworker leaving his Beech 99 position for a King Air 200 pic position for a large, respectable charter outfit out of Van Nuys (although he will be based out of the Bay area). I assume if they do that in CA they would have some places like this in FL or GA as well...

Any advice is appreciated. I would much rather be on the east coast then the west.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back