Florida Jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wiggsfly

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows any flight schools, etc hiring in FL for someone with about 1000 hours. Preferably a flight school with an active charter department that I might be able to move in to when the time permits.

Also, any advice for my situation? I am a low time (1000hr) CFII working for a part 61 flight school in Northern Illinois. I've actually been instructing since 9/11 (got called back with my first student), however I was lucky to average a whopping 12hours/month the whole time I was there (whored myself out for the $25G/y and state bennies). Last August I moved up to the Chicago area to be closer to friends and a job at the flight school. Now I'm right on the verge of going into the charter department here, but I'm antsy to go home (I grew up mostly in Panama City). I would like to find a similar gig down there and I'm not afraid to put in a year or more as a CFI to get in to a good charter program.

Any suggestions?

Florida probably produces more flight instructors than anywhere in the country. I know the Orlando FSDO accounts for about 20% of all CFI certificates. It is going to be tough for you to get in anywhere in Florida. Most schools want you to go through their program with the hope of working there when you finish.

With your 1000 hours you should be close to being able to get on with a regional. If you are intent on Florida try FlightExpress.

Flight Express

Start off in a C-210 and work up to a twin in a matter of months. They can't keep people in ground school, leaving for the regionals.

flightline of tallahassee (http://www.fltline.com) is short of instructors i believe. they also run a charter operation. a couple king airs that i know of--the more senior the cfi the more they get to log time in the right seat. when i started training a couple months ago my cfi was brand new, and he has already flown a few trips in the king air. good luck.

Flight Express.. Jeff is correct.. Great company with great people.. And the money is not bad. You will work your ass off, but it will make you a better pilot.

FD

South florida has tons of flight schools in need of flight instructors!! especially executive airport!! their are a lot of multi engine charter operations!! one that comes to mind is PFT....professional flight training.....oh by the way.....having a thousand hours in south florida is a gold mine!!!

The Latina chick is right. Tons of jobs in FL. If your into flight instructing I know Palm Beach Flight Training is looking, KLNA (West Palm) but with around 1000 hours you should beable to get onto a 135 ticket pretty soon. If you want you can whore yourself out to Florida Jet flying Lear 55's. $25K a year but they work into the ground plus make you sign contracts, wear beepers, clean planes, ect..ect..ect.. But there are plenty of other good companies to join.

Latest resources

Back