Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ticker

Well,

Looks like many of my Flight Options brothers will soon be joining the ranks of the unemployed. Unfortunately, our mis-management team has used the term "laid off" rather than "furloughed". Since we just got enough fence sitters to get off the fence to give us the 67% yea vote for the union, it is debatable as to weather the mgt can do what they're doing but only time will tell.

We tried to get represented in 99. We tried in '01. Finally we got the vote in '06. We have many guys who have some difficult lessons to learn.

I have the benefit of being aquainted with quite a few old school guys who have given me quite an education (Eastern, PanAm, TWA, Delta, etc).

Wish us luck. We have a lot of guys in this who are going to find out soon what they are truely made of.

Last edited:
Not happening

This has already been dredged out on the Fracs board. Its only a mgt ploy, so I wouldn't get yourself all worried... There will ALWAYS be rich people who want to go somewhere, and if you are a FLOPS pilot, you know that we are MORE than busy can possibly be. Rather than worrying about something that isn't going to happen, how about working toward forcing mgt to honor the vote, rather than playing games and using scare tactics. Just a month ago we were all getting "big raises" then the union got voted in and suddenly we're broke. This game has been played repeated before, and there is an EXCESS of owners and potential owners, so...

I think that in the big scheme of things, 'ol Mike gave us a gift. Each time he tries to smack us down, he just takes more people off the fence. We even have at least one SFO on our team now.

Latest resources

Back