Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hawkercpt

oh crap! Now what?
OK guys. I'll assume (you all know what that means) that we all know better, but this has become an issue 2 times for my FO and myself this week especially since we're on the 4th airplane in 6 days...
So I figured it needed mentioned and the word spread.

CHECK YOUR DAMNED REVISION SHEETS!!!

If they're not current, your dead in the water. Don't let check airman pressure you. It will be the next thing the feds look for after the registration and airworthiness.

When I was there, I remember having the same problem, and that was almost 3 years ago and there is still a problem with MORONS and IDIOTS who just can't figure out how IMPORTANT it is to sign off a Jepp revision, heck, I remember picking up airplanes that had charts that were outdated by more than a year and I hear that all of this still go's on, you guys need to train all of the new guys and old guys on how to do Jepps correctly, you figure that at this stage of your career, most guys would have Jepp revisions down pat by now, but I guess not

Jepps

batsky2000 said:
you figure that at this stage of your career, most guys would have Jepp revisions down pat by now, but I guess not

Maybe they haven't used them before. Not every company uses Jepps... Yes there should be some training.

HS

this is very elementary......but will someone please tell me what date you put in on the revision page? Do you put in the date of the revision (what Jeppesen says) or the date you are actually putting the revision in (our SOPs say).

Thanks

If you happen to read the revision page, the page that you should be putting in the revision number and date, it tells you to put the revision date as it shows on the revision letter, can't be any more simpler than that, all revisions have a revision number and date with them, that is all that needs to be logged, I mean this is not rocket science

Latest resources

Back