• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLOPS Profitable?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NetJets is 50% up to 15% of our pay up to the maximum allowed by law, $16,500. So this year they will contribute $8250 to my 401k.

yeah but that means that in order to get the full match, you HAVE to contribute %15. which is a lot... I'd rather have 100% of first 6% or something

Mike Sylvestro Bloomberg nov 24th... We are up 17% for the year, 20% on holiday bookings.

Mike Sylvestro weekly announcement December 4th.... we saw just a slight increase maybe 2-3%. Cmon mike which is it?

We were profitable in 2009 and will be profitable in 2010. Union negotiations, I don't know how we are even able to keep the doors open.

Kind of comical how we jumped right up there to the 2nd largest only to netjets. Almost as comical as mikey saying we had 220 flights in the air with the flight tracking screen in the background tracking about eight.

These new TRANSPARENT nice managers are not your partners in this business. They just gave us all a passive-aggressive reacharound.

Mike I would tell you your flight crews are tired. Mike I would tell you we need some recalls instead of piling another 20% increase on your flight crews. Mike I would tell you we want our 401k's back.

Well, a lot of guys in my circle are getting really pi$$ed off about the fact that we have been profitable last year, and are profitable this year and we still don't have our 401K back, and that they are talking about starting up the cold war again.

Now before anyone jumps on me, all I've got to say is don't shoot the messenger. I'm not saying that it's right or wrong, it's just what I'm hearing from a lot of guys.

Is 401k in the CBA?

401(k) is in our CBA, but company match is currently set aside by LOA 20-001. Basically the company is under no compulsion to offer a 401(k) match. However, should they decide to offer it to any employee group the pilots will receive at least the same match. Sec 29 of the CBA then becomes controlling (meaning the company can't just stop the match on a whim).

When does the LOA expire? I'd still be throwing as much into the 401k as I could, even if the company isn't matching it. At least the govt won't get it then.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back