FLOP's Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dash_trash

In the February 2006 issue of Business & Commercial Aviation, S. Michael Scheeringa, Flight Options CEO, states: “A union cannot guarantee quality of living, wages, jobs or benefits; only a viable business model can.”

I guess Mr. Sheeringa was absent during the day in which labor organization was discussed at ASU. If my memory, and history, serves me correctly, those are some of the VERY reasons labor organized, and why we voted in the 1108!

Quality of life ... headed down hill, wages ... below industry standard, jobs ... layoff threats, benefits ... being reviewed as an area to cut costs. The Go Forward Plan appears to be quite the business model.

What did the 1108 achieve with its latest contract? Quality of life ... improvement, wages ... +40% increase, jobs ... growth of fleet = advancement, benefits ... 100% company provided.

It's your choice

The Go Forward Plan appears to be quite the business model.
Someone else posted that this "plan" was eliminating the charge of taxi time, only charging monthly fees for hours flown, and reducing fees for longer trips? How can this be more profitable, i.e. healthy (except for the owners, of course)?

It’s the old airline mentality our CEO has. We’ll only loose a little bit on each flight, but we’ll make it up in volume!!! Must be that “new” math thing.

Actually, one of the ways they will make up the difference is with the new costs associated with the changes in the insurance package. What’s a 200+% increase in costs when you have a family to think about?

Like most, I enjoy a good screwing, but this is not what I had in mind!

Latest resources

Back