• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLOPS pilots file for mediation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How sad does life have to get before you log onto flight aware and look for potential regulation violators?

And what's with the little frowny face after that sentence? Does it make you angry that guys are out there breaking the law (in your mind) and you can't do anything about it?

Ever read the O2 requirements in the FARs? I bet not

Okay, I take the bet and you lose.

My post was not to say there isn't a reg about flying above FL350 with one crew member wearing a mask. My point is it takes a real tool with nothing better to do to actually go into flightaware and try to find evil doers and rat them out...with a little frowny face to boot!

By the way, just cause your at FL400 on a 15 hour flight doesn't mean your breaking any reg. You can fly wearing a mask WITHOUT the O2 on if it automatically delivers O2 when cabin goes above 10,000 ft. MSL.

Take your bets to Vegas, use knowledge and facts here.

Fly Safe.

Glasspilot,

Take a downer dude and relax....
( 3 posts in a few hours obsessing over a :mad: )

You are reading too much into my post and letting you imagination run wild thereby, missing the message I was trying to add to SilverSurfers post regarding following the rules and regulations to put the contract issue behind us.

I would try to explain it you in other terms but it would involve more :) and I would not want you to start :crying: and have everyone :laugh: at you for being such a :puke:

Seek treatment for your obsession :D

The masks in the Beechjet and the 800 XPs do not have this automatic system if over 10.000 feet cabin pressure.

Okay fine, guess I'm the goofball for NOT going on flightaware looking for people above 350 too long.

I'll start spending my days trying to do the FAA's job and scour the universe for FAR violators.

Can't believe I'm the only person who thinks it's crazy to log onto flightaware for the purpose of finding aircraft above FL350 for longer than their O2 supply should allow. What's next? Calling all the FBO at destination and demanding to know if the O2 was serviced? Perhaps you could then self disclose to the FAA so a formal investigation could be launched and the pilots tickets yanked as a result.

Yeah, I'm the crazy one here

Sounds a little crazy to me too. I can't speak for other fleets, but in the X, the mask is a diluter demand type.
So we can select the 'Normal" position that uses a mix of cabin air and O2 based on the cabin altitude.

With the mask in "Normal" I can fly around for a very long time (longer than the aircraft could actually stay in the air) without totally exhausting the O2 tank. It still uses O2, so the tank would need to be serviced periodically, but actually run out of O2? Not likely.

That's what makes it such a nice way to fly legally. The tank will need serviced wherever (maybe slowing ops down a bit hint hint) but you'll have plenty of O2 to be legal and SAFE.

Thanks for posting the MEC report Silver. I read every word with interest. Quote: "You can readily see the dramatic degree to which Flight Options pilots’ pay lags behind that of our peers at other fractional carriers, not only because we are paid less per workday, but because we also work more days per year than most other fractional pilots and often “slide to poverty” when changing aircraft or status. The daily rate charts for the Mid and Large Cabin Fleets, which are not shown, portray similarly dismal results".

That's why I describe the Options pilots as overworked/underpaid...:mad: There's no excuse for it! That huge discrepancy is proof that their management not only approves of exploitation, but is making it part of their operations plan. NO Options pilot should condone such behavior. By dragging their feet at the bargaining table management is showing their lack of respect and regard for the pilots and their families. That fact alone should make every Options pilot pledge his support to his Union/fellow pilots.

Ignore the red herrings and keep your eye on the goal of an industry standard contract. When they see that their FUD isn't working, they'll stop trying to reproduce their present exploitative policies and get serious about hammering out a real contract. When they figure out that crumbs aren't getting them the full cooperation they need, they will offer professional wages. Show them the error of their ways!

A few words of encouragement....

http://www.bluemountain.com/view.pd?i=190794570&m=1932&rr=y&source=bma999

OPTIONS PILOTS HOLD THE HIGH GROUND. MANAGEMENT'S DELAY TACTICS DESERVE THE BOOT!

A RISING TIDE LIFTS ALL BOATS, BUT PADDLING IS REQUIRED. COMBINED EFFORTS WORK BEST.

Last edited:
Nice post Wife. Stay unified FLOPS!

Latest resources

Back