Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Voice Of Reason

Reading Is Fundamental !
Funny way of thinking these new Flops Mgt types have...
I think they are dellusional enough to think that since no one would take overtime, and 2.5x pay didn't work, that a pay CUT would force pilots to work overtime/on days off.

I see it completely differently. Why work MORE to ultimately end up with the same (or less) pay you WOULD HAVE ALREADY been making before the domicile pay cuts given to some?... (And the benefits, and the vacation perdiem, etc).

Life will go on just fine, but I certainly don't see helping the dellusional think their plan is working, that's for sure. NO ONE is THAT desperate for pay, and NO ONE's pay (those who had cut or those who didn't) will increase if people choose the very short-sighted thinking that overtime will help their pay.:p

Last edited:
There are some loser shmucks that work like 30 days in a row. You guys are losers. You know who you are.

learflyer said:
There are some loser shmucks that work like 30 days in a row. You guys are losers. You know who you are.

Maybe they just really love to fly!!!!! Can't get enough of the Beechjunk...

Heavy Set said:
Maybe they just really love to fly!!!!! Can't get enough of the Beechjunk...

Heavy Set
Aircraft Experience: 747, 727
Flight Experience: Civ
Ratings: Many
Current Position: Laid off - not flying
Total Time: 12,000

Hey "Heavy Set"...What do you fly right now? You're not one of those "formers" are you? There's nothing more sad than someone who has to refer to himself as a "former" this or that...while they do nothing or fly some local yokel charter gig that they feel they are above, while bashing others... I hope you're not like that....

Last edited:
Voice Of Reason said:
Heavy Set
Aircraft Experience: 747, 727
Flight Experience: Civ
Ratings: Many
Current Position: Laid off - not flying
Total Time: 12,000

Hey "Heavy Set"...What do you fly right now? You're not one of those "formers" are you? There's nothing more sad than someone who has to refer to himself as a "former" this or that...while they do nothing or fly some local yokel charter gig that they feel they are above, while bashing others... I hope you're not like that....

Heavy Set is "Not" a pilot, he's what you call a wannabe pilot. If you read his posts, he will ask questions like, whats it like to fly the Citation X, or B727, or how many seats are on the upper deck of the B747 etc...... and also, STUPID posts like, maybe UAL is wet leasing that plane for the day. And questions about airline sked's. If he was a 121 pilot he would not post questions like that. It's very apparent his knowledge comes from books and magazines.

learflyer said:

Still guys doing that?! Last time I heard about that was a couple years ago.

Just....say....no....

$100 g's + in overtime

FracCapt said:
Still guys doing that?! Last time I heard about that was a couple years ago.

Just....say....no....

I remember about 5 years ago when I was a newbie. There was a beechjet captain that was bragging about making over 100 g's here. I was amazed to say the least.

He told me that he worked so much overtime, that his wife bought him new luggage for Christmas, that way, he could carry more clean clothes with him and wouldn't have the need to do laundry as much on the road.

Is that INSANITY or what? Thing is, his wife had a great job, he had a side business and he had no real need to work this much overtime.

Draw your own conclusions. I don't know if he is here anymore or not.

Don't know about him, but there are still guys out there regularly doing 9 or 10 day rotations. Needless to say, they are the golden boys of management. They just loooovvveee those kind of pilots. Makes it easy for them to get away with being understaffed.

Latest resources

Back