• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Diesel

TEB Hilton resident
Ran into some FLOPS guys on the road.

Anybody know what this big anouncement is?

Only the same rumors that have been floating around.

I doubt you'll find anyone on the road who actually knows anything. Management won't tell us peons anything until our first paycheck comes out with a different return address.

Diesel said:

Based on what I've heard on the road....most of the pilots know what the big announcement is....hell, even most of the NJA pilots know what it is....the only problem is that everybody KNOWS it's something different than everybody else. The only thing we know for sure is that the 17th is the company meeting in CGF. There will be, as there is every year, new info....but I don't expect anything earth shattering. Ya think they would've made a bunch of PM/APM changes this week if we were being merged with, or taken over by, another company with their own equivalent management?

My bet is that they announce who the new CEO is going to be and introduce hime to the employees whose wages he is going to slash.

Very disconcerting that management deems it necessary to conduct a series of secret (non-disclosure agreement required) employee focus groups in an effort to determine employee reaction prior to the formal announcement of 17 January. I mean, do you think the company will change the plan?

The VP of Ops has alluded to the coming announcement of 17 January as very good news for the employee force. Don’t you suppose that how good news is defined depends on the point of view of the individual receiving the news not necessarily the individual passing the news?

Not A Merger Unless FLOPS is BUYING

Well, WHATEVER is going on, it requires all management to live in CLE, and pressure (via paycuts) for pilots to do the same.

Announcement/Phone

FracCapt said:
The only thing we know for sure is that the 17th is the company meeting in CGF. There will be, as there is every year, new info....but I don't expect anything earth shattering.

Was the weekly announcement saying that a announcement would be made at the company meeting...Or was he saying that the company meeting is where these "focus groups" would start from. Trying to figure out if the 17th meeting will just me another "Nanny-Nanny-Boo-Boo, We've got a secret," delay.

Diesel said:
Ran into some FLOPS guys on the road.

Yep, much ado about nothing......The big announcement is that "the bistro" is being remodeled.

Focus Groups

Anyone been to one of our "Focus Groups"? I would like someone to post someone general info.

I assure you that none of our fellow NetJets, FlexJet or CitationShares brethren would dare read your posts, so rest assured, post freely :)

Latest resources

Back