Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wingnutt

...recognize this?
...someone mentioned a list of float operators in alaska, but i was curious if anyone had a link or any ideas on float operators down here?!?

You might try that and

Possibly looking around the chicago area. You could always look for a job as a float pilot in the land of 10,000 lakes in Minnesota, Michigan.

If thats not your thing you could probably check out Kuttawa harbor on Barkely Lake in Western Ky. They have a sea plane base. It has been shut down for the time being for all I know however you could always start one back up. They did quite a bit of bussiness up there I beleive.

Good luck to you,
J.

You could try Chelan Airways in Chelan, WA. They fly on Lake Chelan and to other points in the Cascades. I have flown on them several times when going into the Cascades; Pretty good operation. http://www.chelanairways.com Good Luck!

dang you guys are awesome...funny thing is ive lived in/near two of the suggestions.

im originally from Minnesota, so i could probably figure that one out.

i also lived on Lake Barkley when that particualr seaplane went under. the story is kinda freaky, but i dunno how much of it holds water (no pun intended)...apparently a guy brought his wife and kid(s) out to the lake and had purchased a sight seeing flight just for giggles. well, she wanted nothing to do with it and begged him not to put their family in "that thing", for whatever reasons she felt unsafe. well he took her aside and somehow convinced her to go for just a short pass around the loop to see what it was like. long story short, i think one of the floats seperated, or hit a log and disinigrated or something...anyways the plane flipped over (take-off or landing, i dont recall) and the only survivor was the wife...can you imagine?!?

anyways, thanks for the ideas, if ya conme up with anymore, throw em out!

Latest resources

Back