FLL Area Tailwheel Training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Groundpounder

Does anyone know of a place where I can get a Tailwheel checkout in the FLL area? I'm looking into perhaps doing some banner towing, and all the places in the area said 'call me back after you get your tailwheel signoff'. Oh wait, one guy said that he'd train me to tow banners after I give him a check for $2000, plus I'd need to do tailwheel training with him.

There was alao a guy at TMB, call down to one of the flight schools down there and they should be able to give you his name and number.
sb

It's the wrong time of the year to find a banner towing job, need to start looking around January, that way you'll be trained and have some experience by the time the busy spring and summer seasons start.

Anyway the best banner company in the business is Aerial Sign Co., based at KHWO, North Perry in Hollywood FL, http://www.vanwagner.com/aerial.htm a fleet of 30 or so 160/180 horsepower highly modified J-3 Cubs, and 180 horse Super Cubs.

Contact Jim Jr. or John Mckay at 954 989 2086, I'm sure they'll train you and you will get the best banner training around, they may not have a job for you until next year though.

Last edited:
falcon20driver said:
It's the wrong time of the year to find a banner towing job, need to start looking around January, that way you'll be trained and have some experience by the time the busy spring and summer seasons start.

Anyway the best banner company in the business is Aerial Sign Co., based at KHWO, North Perry in Hollywood FL, http://www.vanwagner.com/aerial.htm a fleet of 30 or so 160/180 horsepower highly modified J-3 Cubs, and 180 horse Super Cubs.

Contact Jim Jr. or John Mckay at 954 989 2086, I'm sure they'll train you and you will get the best banner training around, they may not have a job for you until next year though.

Hey Falcondriver,

Just wondering how the banner tow experience has help you in your career. I've heard rumors that many operators discredit the value of banner towing. Have you found this to be true?

Thanks for the help, guys.

I stopped by Van Wagner a few weeks ago, and they said get a tailwheel signoff and call us back, and the person I talked to didn't have any idea where I could do that. I know its the slow season, but I'm just looking to get my tailwheel so when the busy season starts, I'm all set to try to get a job.

Latest resources

Back