FLL 10/28R a bit "rough"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ticker

Is it just me or has the area where 10L/28R crosses 13/31 become like a set of whoop-de-do's? I don't recall it being that rough in the past.

Is it just me or has the area where 10L/28R crosses 13/31 become like a set of whoop-de-do's? I don't recall it being that rough in the past.

Nope, Ticker, you're correct...lot's o' whoop-de-do going's on. Taking off on 10L, you first dip the left wing then shortly thereafter, dip the right. Then, it's on to a mild roller coaster ride until someone call's V1, rotate.

Last edited:
Been like that for a couple years now... Interesting to say the least. Maybe they will rehab it after 10R opens.

From what I've heard... they repaved it several years ago. And before the asphalt fully dried/cured... they opened the runway up at like 0500 AM, and an international heavy landed on it... and F'd it up...

But you're right... they haven't fixed it yet... and it's getting worse... and the other runway (10R) won't be done until Sept 2014... lot's of dirt on that one... and a 2 degree slope going from 60 ft where the bridges will be, to like 10 ft...

I hadn't been there in a few months and it seems a lot worse than I recall. With all the other construction going on I was wondering they were related. It's quite a ride!

Latest resources

Back