• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

uwochris

Flightinfo's sexiest user
Hey guys,

Anybody read this book? Would you recommend it? I can order it for $40 new (that's canadian $$).

I have recently read the following books:
- Stick and Rudder
- Advanced Pilot's Manual
- See How It Flies
- Flight Theory for Pilots

Is Flightwise similar to these, or does it complement the other books?

I am interested in a book that will not skimp out on the details, but can be understood by someone without an eng degree.

Thanks in advance,

Chris.

Flightwise, volumes 1 and 2 are probably the best two books on Aero that you can buy, bar none. I've read all the others on your list, none come close.

Also check out "The Proficient Pilot." (all three volumes)

There is no comparison to the Flightwise series and Barry Schiff's books (Proficient pilot). While Barry's books are good, the Flightwise books are pure Aero and are literally the best I've ever seen to really understand the concepts.

For those that want them, you can find them at the www.amazon.co.uk site, don't try a search at the U.S. one. Shipping via Royal Post is very inexpensive, so that's probably the best source. Get both volumes at the outset, you'll want them.

You can also order the Flightwise book via the Canadian site (amazon.ca). It is going for around C$30. With shipping and taxes, it comes to around $40 Can, which is around $30USA.

ok so im thinking of getting flightwise, but what exactly is it about, like a learning book or what?

Latest resources

Back