Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Pilot_Ryan

Tiller Twirler
Asking on behalf of a friend. Does anyone have any information about Flightsafety (in Orlando), the required qualifications for instructor pilots, the pay scale, quality of life, and what kind of place it is for a career. Thanks in advance.

FlightSafety is a pretty good place to work...they treat and pay their sim instructors well...good benefits, etc. etc. etc......If your friend lives in Orlando, his best bet would be to go to the center and talk with the center manager directly....if not, it's probably be best if he faxes his resume to the center and to the HQ at laguardia......instructor jobs there are not too easy to come by...lots of old crusty guys trying to get away from their nagging wives.....but you never know

As for qualifications, I don't think there are any minimum requirements...just maybe some instruction experience in the past.....

indianboy7 said:
FlightSafety is a pretty good place to work...they treat and pay their sim instructors well...good benefits, etc. etc. etc......If your friend lives in Orlando, his best bet would be to go to the center and talk with the center manager directly....if not, it's probably be best if he faxes his resume to the center and to the HQ at laguardia......instructor jobs there are not too easy to come by...lots of old crusty guys trying to get away from their nagging wives.....but you never know

As for qualifications, I don't think there are any minimum requirements...just maybe some instruction experience in the past.....

Thanks... any quantification of the pay scale? How much is being paid "well?" Thanks for the info.

depending on experience (and this isn't a hard or for sure figure), people start around 55 - 60k a year......maybe more depending on the location and aircraft they're instructing in.....full benefits...i think health insurance is something like 20 bucks a month for one person, 40 for a family..... pretty good 401k, and it's just a good place to work......happy people (for the most part), good job security, and chances to move up/around....

indianboy7 said:
depending on experience (and this isn't a hard or for sure figure), people start around 55 - 60k a year......maybe more depending on the location and aircraft they're instructing in.....full benefits...i think health insurance is something like 20 bucks a month for one person, 40 for a family..... pretty good 401k, and it's just a good place to work......happy people (for the most part), good job security, and chances to move up/around....

Excellent, thank you.

Latest resources

Back