FlightSafety International Instructor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

iflyhigh

I am thinking of applying to FSI as an instructor.
Just curious what the time line is in getting hired?
What does the interview entail? How long from interview to being offered a job?

I know alot has changed in the last two months or so, but any info would be appreciated. I really would rather instruct, then continue to be away from family all the time.

I believe it depends on the individual center. If they need you NOW, it won't take long at all. As to the interview, I'd say it probably depends on how many others are interviewing for the same job.

What location are you looking at?

The timeline is dependent on the needs of various centers. Once a position becomes available in the center(s) you have applied for you can expect a fairly quick process beginning with a phone interview. If that goes well you will be invited to the center for an in person interview.

The center interview consists of the usual round of questioning followed by giving a presentation on a subject of your choice. It doesn’t have to be aviation related they just want to see how you do in front of a group. The speed of the job offer depends largely on how desperate the center is for an instructor. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Thanks for your help everyone.

I completed the phone interview. The interviewer indicated I should be invited in for the presentation portion. I am really excited and hoping.

Do they usually give you a week or so heads up to prepare? Just curious. I hoping to hear, but know the holidays could delay things a little.

The way I understood was that you begin with the phone interview. Followed by a presentation day in DFW which includes group excercises, lunch with instructors and eventually your presentation. If successfull you do another presentation at the facility that you applied to with the possibility of being placed in a pool depending on the need of facility.

I had a phone interview and then got a no thanks email. I think where I went wrong was I didn't convince them I *never* wanted to fly an airplane again. I think what they want to hear is no, you *never* want to fly an airplane again as long as you live.

Do you have to have type for there SIC program? And is Willmington the only location hiring?

Last edited:
I had a phone interview and then got a no thanks email. I think where I went wrong was I didn't convince them I *never* wanted to fly an airplane again. I think what they want to hear is no, you *never* want to fly an airplane again as long as you live.

This can be tuff in this market! FSI & CAE are not exactly hard up these days, so you'll see them push for this!

I worked for FSI for almost five years, great place to work, good people.

I had several friends that worked with me that went on to great gigs due to the networking and relationships that they build at the centers with the customers. This will take some time, and does not happen over night!

If your interested in a position I would recommend calling some of the program managers and speaking with them. The best way is a third party introduction if possible. I personally would never hang the phone up on anyone, and i enjoyed meeting new people. When you get this door open with the PM's, try and schedule some time to meet with them for coffee or something so they can put a face with a name.

Every person that I recommended for hire to the DOT, DOS and CM during the interview process eventually got hired. At our center the PM's conducted the interviews and handled the presentations, and reviews. Every once in a while the DOT, or the DOS would sit in if they had time, but usually they didn't, so your grade rested in the PM's hands. If all went well, we'd sit you down with the DOT, Asst CM, or CM for the ok. Please keep in mind this might vary depending on the learning center, and i've been out of the game since 06.

I hope this helps, good luck to all.

T

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any current interview information on FSI, specifically the Wichita Hawker Beech center? Have an interview in August. I know I have to do the 15-min presentation, but have little info. other than that. Would greatly appreciate any comments.

Thanks,
Charlie

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any current interview information on FSI, specifically the Wichita Hawker Beech center? Have an interview in August. I know I have to do the 15-min presentation, but have little info. other than that. Would greatly appreciate any comments.

Thanks,
Charlie

I have the phone Interview on Wednesday of Next week. I also did applied in several FSI around.

Latest resources

Back