Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Stupidity...

Phoenix said:
Well appearances are not always what they seem. I'm almost a 7 year pilot, originally with Options.
Phoenix

Let me get this straight....***I'm*** stupid because YOU wrote the above? If you MEANT that the 7 years was with Options, you would have simply said "I was a pilot with Options for 7 years." Instead, you indicated you are a 7 year pilot...who was originally with Options.
Sorry you have to backtrack now, and pretend like I can't read.
It bites getting caught in lies, doesn't it?

Once hired at Options, can one choose their domicile from the list on the options website ( ATL, BNA, BWI, DFW, EWR, IND, MCI, MIA, MCO, ORD, PHX, STL) , or do they hire you into one specified domicile? Do you get an employee parking pass to park at say EWR, or are you on your own to find parking for your tour? thanks.

Current policies

illeagle said:
Once hired at Options, can one choose their domicile from the list on the options website ( ATL, BNA, BWI, DFW, EWR, IND, MCI, MIA, MCO, ORD, PHX, STL) , or do they hire you into one specified domicile? Do you get an employee parking pass to park at say EWR, or are you on your own to find parking for your tour? thanks.

Not sure exactly what management is doing at the moment, but I do believe they are only accepting pilots in the Tier 1 domiciles. No you're not given a parking pass nor are you reimbursed for parking. I use the FBO in my domicile but many of our pilots say that their domicile FBO's do not allow parking like this.

Phoenix

Voice of Reason;
Not everyone has started their aviation career at Flops. Scientist have proven life before K Richi. I am very interested in life after Flops, if I can avoid Flops killing me till then. I am very excited about getting a contract to stop the abuse by people that have minimal experience in aviation and no morals.

A Union will actually improve Flops. It won't hirt a bit. Don't tell me how all they want is the dues. What you (if you are non SFO pilot here) and I have already lost in the last couple of years, more than covers the dues and then some.

illeagle said:
Once hired at Options, can one choose their domicile from the list on.......Do you get an employee parking pass to park at ........

You can domicle anywhere on the Tier 1 list....until they change it again...then they will tell you, "you have to move or quit". This is the ultimatum many experienced this year at Flops.:( This is one of many reasons the pilots are pushing for a Union Contract.

The culture at Flops believes that dumping your car in someone elses parking lot and sneaking out of town is the professional thing to do (the word mooch comes to mine). It's your car and the company can care less about what happens to it while your busting hump for them. Some have been towed from the limited spaces that FBO's have. All this time you spend trying to hide your car around the airport is on your time. I recomend getting to the airport a few hours early to squat a good space.:(

Good Luck and send in the Card.:cartman:

Voice Of Reason said:
Let me get this straight....***I'm*** stupid because YOU wrote the above? If you MEANT that the 7 years was with Options, you would have simply said "I was a pilot with Options for 7 years." Instead, you indicated you are a 7 year pilot...who was originally with Options.
Sorry you have to backtrack now, and pretend like I can't read.
It bites getting caught in lies, doesn't it?

Give it a rest. Yes, Phoenix is approaching, or slightly past, the 7 year mark with Flight Options(I don't recall EXACTLY when he started)...and I'm sure you understood that to begin with, but chose to ignore that fact in order to make a post you thought would make you look better. Sorry, but it seems to have done the opposite...made you look like a total jackass.

Before you accuse me...no, I am not involved in the union drive here. I have sent in my card, but I have nothing to do with the union largely in part due to specific actions on Phoenix's part.

illeagle said:
I was afraid someone would say that. The reality sets in...

Hey! You've got the same avatar as me! mmmmmOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!

Need to know

FracCapt

Just would like to know what I have done to prevent you form becoming involved in the organization drive. We need all the help we can get and as this thing grows the need will grow?

Phoenix

Fedmagnet said:
The "Go Forward" program is to forget what Flops has done to you in the past and prepare for what they are going to do to you now without protection of a contract.

Flops wants all pilots at year one pay except the SFO's, they will continue to get special treatment that nobody else can attain for doing the companies dirty work and teaching others to fly illegally as easily as breathing without a second thought and without question. SFO's are handy at dispensing the cool-aid also.

The future business model is simular to the commuters, low pay, poor bennies, poor QOL and they want you to leave.

The changes Flops has been making are designed to get employees (higher than year one pay) to quit. If they just fire you it exposses them to un-employment and law suites. The senior (anyone over 6 months) pilots have had enough and are pushing for a contract (unionize) to stop the mistreatment.

Send in the Union card ASAP!
If you are a FLOPS pilot and feel this way-QUIT!!!

Latest resources

Back