Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ted Striker

Piece of the Portfolio
Does anyone have any experience with these? They are the bright yellow jobs, but you can also get them in blue. I have read some good things about them, just curious if anyone here has any thoughts on them specifically. I am upgrading in the E-120, time to turn in my 5 X 5!

Thanks.

Hey,

I use a set of them in a Beechcraft 1900D and I have to say they work very well. They cut out alot of the noise. I had a Lightspeed 25XL prior and I found them rather heavy and cumbersome compared to the Denali. My only complaint is in the dead of summer when it's very hot the gel ear seals get a little slippery. Denali recomends against using any sort of cloth covers because they can decrease the amount of noise they cancel.
I would recommend them If you are in the market for a good reasonably priced ANR headset.

Later
GDC

Thanks for the reply. Who do you fly the 1900 for?

Striker

Denalis

I have been using the Denali's now for 6 months in the South Pacific on a Shorts 3-60 and love them. Out here you sweat 24/7, but I have never experienced any slipperiness as posted before. Also if you are in the PDX area, go to the factory just south of downtown and ask for a returned set. They carry the same warranty but are considerably cheaper. I got mine for only $260 (they took my broken 3 year old FlightCom Blackhawks in on trade and gave me $70 bucks for them). All in all they are a great head set and a great company, heck the president came out and sold me mine!

My batteries have been lasting just over one complete bid period, so about 70 to 80 hours in about a month. That's using them about 5-6 hours of flight time every flight. Not too shabby in my opinion.

GDC

Latest resources

Back