Flight Works

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is Del still running things there?

Also, what's the deal with the new operation at CGF? Seems like a risky investment in this economy...

Del resigned from FlightWorks in September 2008, not 2007. He never ran things at FW or held a designated management position (CP, DO, etc.) at FW. He was the on-site project manager during the construction phase of the KHEF hangar a few years ago, but returned to a line position after that. Actually, that was because he came to FW for a supposed GLEX startup that never happened (lots of that goes on at FW). But honestly, after knowing DD for the last several years and flying with him a good deal I'll bet he would not want someone thinking he was responsible for how that company is managed!

JH is not there anymore. He and FW "parted ways" a few months ago. Last I heard he was flying a Hawker in Russia...

If someone made it through there without being asked to do office work/duty they were lucky. It did slow down a for a couple of years, but I understand that now the Pilots are even being assigned to come in and make cold sales calls!

I don't know anything about a Cleveland deal, must be something new.

Poor management and not pilot friendly, lots of friends of management getting promotions, hired, upgrades out of turn. Lots of management taking paid training slots to get new types and leaving the line guys short! There have been a lot of layoffs over the last year or so.

BTW, it is an On-Demand 135 charter outfit that charter manages aircraft. It is not "corporate" so maybe better feedback from the Charter or 135 forums...

Latest resources

Back