Flight Training Academies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lilbirny21

I'm 17 and i got my private. Would it be an ok thing to go to one of these accelerated flight training places right out of high school and get all my ratings. (like dca or raa as examples) If so which ones are good?

Depends...You will spend a lot of money going that route. Most people on this site, me included, would not reccommend it. But if money is not an issue, and you dont mind the stigma of pay for training, which is what that would be considered, go for it.

I am finishing up my pilot factory program right now. I have enjoyed it and logged a bunch of multi time, but I feel like I missed so much by rushing through all my ratings. I also feel that I would not have been able to pass two of my rides had I not been with a "company appoved" examiner. My biggest complaint is that you may not realize until later that you've learned a maneuver wrong (lazy 8's), or that you missed something in your training like flying instruments without your trusty GPS and HSI.

Lilbirny21, do yourself a favor and set aside about half a day. Go to Mr Searchy on this site, and do a search for the different Flight Acadamies and read, read, read.

I will second PDH as well. What he just said is very common, and I could relate to him as well when I finished up the flight academy route. I sometimes regret not going the mom-and-pop FBO routes, or somewhere that was run less like an airline training center, and more like a pilot training facility.

If you are just hell bent on going to a flight academy, I'd recommend pursuing ALL ATPs. It wont' cost you quite as much, and you walk away with a boat load of multi-time.

Without going into a 6 hour rant for you, all I can say is PLEASE consider other avenues of training first. You'll be very thankful later on down the road.

Lilbirny21 said:
I'm 17 and i got my private. Would it be an ok thing to go to one of these accelerated flight training places right out of high school and get all my ratings. (like dca or raa as examples) If so which ones are good?

I had my private when I went here and did IFR thru MEI. Check it out...www.prairieairservice.com

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back