• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Time by Flight Conditions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm was in the same boat as the original post. I kept to-the-minute logs in my little red logbooks and entered the totals on single lines in my master log that referenced the individual red books(remarks: "totals from logbook #3", for example). I just keep those logbooks bundled with my master log.

Regarding types of time. I'm totally screwed in that sense. IMO there's just no way to keep track of IMC when you're doing 90 hours a month with 20 minute turns scheduled all day. It's 121 time....as far as I'm concerned it's all night IMC, I mean even when it's clear and a million you fly it all the same way unless you hear "cleared for the visual".

I'm glad to hear someone give a reasonable percentage number(the 5-10% mentioned above). I've always felt like at least 10% of the time I did under 121 was IMC.

As far as night time. man I don't know. I have all the out and in times in my red pilot logs, I guess I could go back and figure it all out( but I'm already ATP rated so I don't need it to prove experience, just currency), but even that would look weird. I feel like I could explain it all pretty reasonably in an interview. And I'm sure that this comes up a lot. Of course I'm part 91 now, and no one ever looks at logbooks around here.

Hi!

Some guys have been rejected for ONLY having the electronic logbook on their computers, so you do need a "professional" looking printout of your elec logbook.

I will bring my laptop and a spreadsheet breakdown of my hours in case they have more questions. In today's age of on-line applications, it is less and less likely the interviewers will ask for anything like that, as they'll probably have everthing they need ahead of time.

cliff
YIP
PS-If you don't have a laptop, get one, as virtually all organizations are going to on-line everything. You can also write off much of this stuff as "Job Search" expenses if you itemize your taxes.

I use my lil red book and put each leg with time in hr:mins, actual, nite, and time in the usual 1.3. It doesn't take that long to write those in, just do them after you call in times. For my regular logbook I just put totals for that day on one line.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back