Flight Time Breakout-Resume Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pacific 77

I have some questions about how to correctly list multiengine flight time on a resume and how multiengine time is viewed by employers.

According to Air Inc’s Airline Pilot Resume Kit, the following times should be listed separately on a resume: TT, PIC, Instructor pilot, SIC, Turbojet, Turboprop, ME, SE and Instrument (actual and simulated). The kit also states that multiengine and single engine should equal total time.

Logic dictates then that the ME and SE times to be shown, as logged in each class of aircraft, would also include any dual received in that class of aircraft. Ok that might seem pretty straightforward, but wait, before casting judgment here are my questions:

Are employers really interested in total multiengine time or are they more interested in multiengine PIC?

That is, when an air carrier lists one of its minimum requirements as being “100 – hours multi engine” do they mean multiengine PIC or total multiengine?

Is there any variation between air carriers in how they list the multi requirement?

I always thought that multiengine PIC and not just total multiengine was what really counted.

So then, given the Air Inc. logic that ME+SE=TT, should ME-PIC be listed separately from ME time on the resume?

The reason I’m asking all this is that I want to be sure about the details before applying anywhere, and also to keep the presentation of my resume as uncluttered, clear and straightforward as possible.

Do you have turbine time, do you have sic time, it sounds like you just have the basic 1000/100 or whatever you need for the place you're applying. On my resume, I list total time, multiengine time, total pic, turbine time, instrument time, dual given and time in last six months.

I think you need to customize depending on the specific company. If they require a certain number of hours as ME PIC than list that, otherwise most don't care. The one exception I see would be turbine PIC. Also, if you're ME + SE time doesn't equal TT than your logbook is screwed up.

but to answer your questions, most could care less if it's ME PIC or ME dual recieved or anything else, they just want multi time. As long as you're not logging SIC in a seminole I think it's all one in the same.

The less confusing your resume the better it would be. I've listed the breakdown I've listed above on my resume and have been invited to plenty of interviews and recieved enough job offers to keep myself employed. Just my two cents. It might be wordy, but hopefully it makes sense.

Yes, it does matter that you include both Multi-Engine PIC and Multi-Engine total. As you know, you do not just step into a PIC slot without first having training / flying hours in the ME aircraft. Those hours are going to be different. Maybe not by much, but they will be different.

When the employer lists 100 ME time, they mean total ME time. They want to know that you have flown ME equipment.

Hope that helps!

Thanks

To the both of you, thank you for replying and answering my questions about how to present multi time on a resume. Your help is much appreciated.

Latest resources

Back