"Flight" the movie

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IFLYASA

Has anyone seen it? Looks like an MD-88 cockpit with and RJ wing. Just wondering how real it seems.

Dc-9... Pretty realistic. Some of the callouts aren't. It's about alcoholism, so yeah, very accurate. Except this dude gets rrreal fked up. On duty.

I saw it Saturday night. The A/C who cares, yes MD cockpit with RJ instruments and wing. It's the content of the movie that worries me more than the fictional airplane recreation. It doesn't paint professional pilots in a good manner at all, and I could only see the potential of the public's image of us as the way they portrayed Denzel's character in the movie. However there is a very accurate scene part of the way through the movie in which airline upper management probably views us. Trust me we are liabilities and not assets and that is very clearly spelled out in that scene. I'm usually not pessimistic but I didn't see any real benefit to having that movie displayed. It may be more damaging than one would initially put to it. Anyway go watch it if you want and draw your own conclusions.

Boy, your cool! You can drink right up to the last minute!

The character is a black pilot, so it's mostly fiction.

funny enough, the wiki article about the movie says they were going to cast a woman for it first.... funny how Hollywood is singularly obsessed with casting anything but a straight white male as a pilot in this day and age.

Latest resources

Back