• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Service Stations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I tried calling Minneapolis center directly for a clearence the other day, and they said they are no longer authorized to do that, and that I would have to go through FSS. The controller on the phone agreed that it was stupid, but there was nothing he could do.

I haven't found that problem yet but if you are getting it from Minn Ctr then its coming across the board. Stupid thing about going through FSS is all they do is call the center and get the clearance for you. It just bypasses the middle man. Lockheed has done a bang up job huh?

I'm on the phone with AFSS daily... haven't had to wait more than 1-2 minutes...However, I'm in a much less populated portion of the country.

You FSS is probably still on the old system, just wait til they get switched over to FS21. Lansing wasn't too bad until they switched to FS21, since they have and the calls are routed through the system it's been HORRIBLE! I've actually been calling Flight service stations that are still on the old system dirct, I've been using Kankikee lately and they pick up within just a few seconds. But sooner than later that won't be an option as everybody will be on FS21.

FSS is awful lately, I gave up on them and just use Fltplan.com. As for departing uncontrolled fields, gonna have to start filling out vfr release forms or something to avoid the delays???

Latest resources

Back