• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Schools

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
fuel has made an impact, but so has insurance. Commercial aircraft insurance has also multiplied within the last few years. Well heck, really, everything has gone way up....tie downs, hangars, parts....seems to be the domino effect.

As for the advanced aircraft, I'm seing many that want to learn on EFIS now and pay for that. Simply said by one, "If EFIS is in my future, I should learn on it now". I have to agree because aviation has really changed in the past few years. I never imagined a G1000 in a single engine aircraft.

I remember my first interview for a major fractional when I was asked if I had any EFIS experience. My answer was "no" at the time and they recommended that I went out and got some.....did just that, came back and got hired. So in some ways I can't blame those who want to learn on it from the beginning. I agree it is a shame to see everything changing so fast, but it is what it is. We now have a flight school at my airport with EFIS Diamonds...hard to compete with, people just want to fly them.

I remember my first interview for a major fractional when I was asked if I had any EFIS experience. My answer was "no" at the time and they recommended that I went out and got some.....did just that, came back and got hired.

Heyas,

That's pretty ironic. At NWA, the bust rate on the interview sim is around %50, because people can't fly without it.

Pick your poison. It's much easier for a person to go to EFIS than the other way around.

Nu

Heyas,

That's pretty ironic. At NWA, the bust rate on the interview sim is around %50, because people can't fly without it.

Pick your poison. It's much easier for a person to go to EFIS than the other way around.

Nu
Good point! An instructor teaching in a TAA should deinately make the student work off of the attitude indictor that is also installed in the aircraft as a back up. If that dosen't work, because there is usually no VSI, then I would recommend some flights in a non EFIS aircraft. Most TAA's do have a standard attitude, altimeter and airspeed indicator though. You do need to be well rounded.

I agree. It seems as though most of the flight schools in my area seem to cater towards international students. Maybe it's just me, but the schools that are still in business and doing well seem to have a majority of foreigners as their student base.

The cost is just outrageous, even to rent something like a C172!!!

I agree. It seems as though most of the flight schools in my area seem to cater towards international students. Maybe it's just me, but the schools that are still in business and doing well seem to have a majority of foreigners as their student base.

The cost is just outrageous, even to rent something like a C172!!!

Heyas PG,

The recreational crowd seems to have gone underground to the clubs or the real Mom n Pop operators (1-2 planes).

All I know is that the tumbleweeds are blowing at FXE on the weekends. It was one of the busiest GA airports in FL at one time, and its creepy.

Nu

Heyas PG,

The recreational crowd seems to have gone underground to the clubs or the real Mom n Pop operators (1-2 planes).

All I know is that the tumbleweeds are blowing at FXE on the weekends. It was one of the busiest GA airports in FL at one time, and its creepy.

Nu

Ahh. good ole' FXE! Did most of my training there in the early 90's....and yes it was a very busy airport at the time. It's a shame to hear that it is no longer the same...real shame!

Latest resources

Back