Flight Schools: "Go, No Go Decision"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Their course is $80,000 and can be completed in twelve months."

Gee whiz, for $80K you could buy your own plane and fly it for a thousand hours, getting all your single ratings from independant CFIs who have real professional experience (as opposed to the guy who was two months ahead of you in your high dollar flight school) and log some significant flying time.

At the end of it you'd be able to sell your plane for most of what you paid for it and have enough to buy a B737 type that might someday do you some good.

The quickest and best route in my opinion is by way of the Mesa Airlines Pilot Development Program (MAPD). You will earn everything, nothing is given to you on a silver platter and by the time you have completed the program you are airline ready to go into either the Dash-8, 1900, CRJ, or ERJ. They teach you the "airline way" from day1. I have not seen a better program that gives low time students this opportunity to be safe, proficient, and competent airline pilots at such a low total time. The bottom line is that this program works well, extremely well.

I would seriously suggest looking into this program. When younger pilots ask for my advice and opinion I tell then to speak directly to the Mesa folks out in Farmington. Mr. Castle is the mastermind behind all this success and my hat is off to him.

good luck.

3 5 0

Latest resources

Back