Flight School Insurance

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RJPilott

Anyone know of a decent agent to go through for Flight School/Flying Club Insurance? Im starting a flight school and would like to get some quotes. Thanks in advance.

RJPilott said:
Anyone know of a decent agent to go through for Flight School/Flying Club Insurance? Im starting a flight school and would like to get some quotes. Thanks in advance.

Falcon. I think they are in Atlanta. My old flight school used them, and they were cheap on almost everything so I'd imagine the same goes for insurance.

somewhat pertinent question: if i am a renter and a member of AOPA, do i have renters insurance through them or do i have to pay for it on top of the $39 dues?

Thanks for the help guys.

I shopped around (if you can call it that).

Turns out there are only like 8 insurance companies that offer for flight schools. Then only 3 of the 8 offer what i am looking for. 6k/yr for your typical 172. Not too bad if your airplane flys 1000hrs/yr. But with fuel on top of that brings a 172 to over 90/hr to make it worth it. I guess those are the going rates these days?

As for renters insurance, i asked about that as well hoping it would reduce my rate should every pilot have renters insurance... no dice. Basically it covers the renter from the flight schools insurance company when they go after you if you are involved in accident/incident. The Flight schools insurance will cover damages for the plane, but they will go after the renter if he/she is at fault.

Anyone know of an airport in need of a flight school? lol

*edit*

Apply to become a Cessna Pilot Center.

Grove

Last edited:
RJPilott said:
Thanks for the help guys.

I shopped around (if you can call it that).

Turns out there are only like 8 insurance companies that offer for flight schools. Then only 3 of the 8 offer what i am looking for. 6k/yr for your typical 172. Not too bad if your airplane flys 1000hrs/yr. But with fuel on top of that brings a 172 to over 90/hr to make it worth it. I guess those are the going rates these days?

As for renters insurance, i asked about that as well hoping it would reduce my rate should every pilot have renters insurance... no dice. Basically it covers the renter from the flight schools insurance company when they go after you if you are involved in accident/incident. The Flight schools insurance will cover damages for the plane, but they will go after the renter if he/she is at fault.

Anyone know of an airport in need of a flight school? lol

The way the people have been going around this problem is forming a club. You can call yourself a flight school and in return you require people to pay monthly dues and some more for the aircraft access. Monthly dues cover the fixed costs and $$$ for the airplanes cover the hull value of the airplanes.

On the other hand insurance companies are worst than the worst used car salesmen. When they see a loophole, they close it. That's exactly what they did on the "slef-insurance" method. If you are interested in the liability only coverage they decided to put 25% fee on top.. Isn't that great..

Insurance companies are going to get this business into the ground. Unless someone does something about this issue and the nature of our litigation loving society.

I had a C-150 insured for instruction and rental through Ace Aviation Insurance (1-800-431-5ACE) for $3900.00 a year. It was definately a chore finding someone to insure us, but these people were nice to work with. Good Luck!

Latest resources

Back