Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tailwind

I'm looking for a great place to teach.
Do you know anything about these schools or the people who run them?

1. Air America @ Daytona Beach, FL

2. SunState Aviation @ Kissimmee, FL

Thanks,
Tailwind

FlyingToIST said:
Take the first job you get.. At this day and age I don't understand CFIs cherry picking..

Maybe when you get older you'll have a different perspective on things.

FlyingToIST said:
Take the first job you get.. At this day and age I don't understand CFIs cherry picking..

what's wrong with a CFI being particular about where they're going to work?

dont listen to that advice. there are a lot of as#hole bosses out there. i know some bosses that expect you to sit around the office when you dont have any students, for no f&cking pay. also maintenance is obviously important, how busy the school is, pay rate, chance at getting multi time.
most importantly i would say though is your boss, their are a lot of con men out their be careful.

dollacrackho said:
dont listen to that advice. there are a lot of as#hole bosses out there. i know some bosses that expect you to sit around the office when you dont have any students, for no f&cking pay. also maintenance is obviously important, how busy the school is, pay rate, chance at getting multi time.
most importantly i would say though is your boss, their are a lot of con men out their be careful.

Well, let's see.. What I meant to say "if someone offers you a job, take it". I am on the hiring end in this case. I had an applicant that was bragging about the school that he graduated so much, he didn't like us because of being a start up.
He came around after talking to big name ones and after i hired 3 CFIs. Guess if he got the job..

All of my CFIs are working for the success of the flight school. They go to community colleges and high schools for career days. They are aware that if they work to get more students they will excel in terms of hours they fly and money they make.

I am doing my part with paying them bona, doing get togethers .. and spending about 2,000 each month on ads, flyers, mailings.

If you think as a team, you will success as a team.

Of course I will get a lot of flak from some of you, but we are are very happy family..

FlyingToIST said:
Well, let's see.. What I meant to say "if someone offers you a job, take it".

I still disagree with you. If you have options they need to be weighed out on an individual basis.

Maybe you're new to recruitment, maybe not, but let me ask you this, "have you ever turned down a job offer?" If not, why not?

moxiepilot said:
I still disagree with you. If you have options they need to be weighed out on an individual basis.

Maybe you're new to recruitment, maybe not, but let me ask you this, "have you ever turned down a job offer?" If not, why not?

I guess the best answer will be "depens on the situation" :) Yes, I have turned down many job offers. I work as an IT contractor which makes me go through the hiring process every 3-6 months. But the situation is different because my skills are on short supply and i am very lucky to pick whatever i want. Sometimes it's the money, sometimes it's the location.. it completely depends.

On the other hand, CFI jobs are different. To be honest with you CFIs are dime a dozen. When I put job ads online, I get hit by 30-40 resumes per day..

My advice to the original poster is still the same.. Take the first job you get. If you get hired by both, then you have some chance to pick. At this day and age, it's very important to build the hours any way you can..

Anyways, best of luck to the original poster.

I just figured out what I am worth then: $.10 per 12 CFI's = $.008333 per CFI.

Man I thought I was at least worth more than that. :p

Latest resources

Back