Flight Safety

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ERJdca said:
The guy i know has his private instrument already and is looking to do the rest. I think the one nice thing about FSI is you don't need to put all the money down, but rather pay as you go (at least thats what he told me).

Thanks for the info guys.
ERJDCA

You MUST have the money on account at FSI BEFORE you fly, if you fall below a certain level you will go on a no fly list and must get cleared by the accounting department before you continue, it's a pain in the butt. I can understand not wanting to put all that money down, but your buddy should have all that money ahead of time or it will slow his training down. Buring through 500-1000 in a single day is TYPICAL.

later

igneousy2 said:
You MUST have the money on account at FSI BEFORE you fly, if you fall below a certain level you will go on a no fly list and must get cleared by the accounting department before you continue, it's a pain in the butt. I can understand not wanting to put all that money down, but your buddy should have all that money ahead of time or it will slow his training down. Buring through 500-1000 in a single day is TYPICAL.

later

I hear ya. The school i had instructed for would sell a BS package to their students knowing damn well it was impossible to finish in the amount of time
"guarenteed." Put the instructors in a hard place, as well as an angry student. The admissions folks were like car salesmen. Im sure this goes on a lot everywhere, i was fortunate that where i went to school the program was a bit smoother than some of these other schools.

FSI, a factory making 600hr wonder pilots "ready" for any job. Stay away. Get your ratings at the local mom'pops fbo. Its cheaper.

PacoPollo said:
FSI, a factory making 600hr wonder pilots "ready" for any job. Stay away. Get your ratings at the local mom'pops fbo. Its cheaper.

I got my ratings at FSI about 13 years ago. I believe that it opened doors for me that may not have opened otherwise. Looking back, I would not have done it any other way.

Not that you can't get good flight instruction at the local FBO, but I think the advantage of a school with national recognition like FSI, or ER, your employers will have an idea of what your training was like.

FSI does not try to make you a good GA pilot, FSI prepares you to fly airline style. One criticism of FSI is that they teach you to fly a Seminole like you're flying a 747....well, that's the point. That is why many Regionals will consider FSI (and other schools) applicants with only 500 hours.

Good luck,

later

Latest resources

Back