Flight Safety Instructor Jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ABCD1234

Anyone have any experience working for Flight Safety as an instructor? Any info on QOL, pay, scheds would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

QOL - depends on how you define it....I think it's pretty good, I haven't slept in a hotel room since I started at FSI

Schedule - all over the place....could be early, could be late, TOTALLY depends on the center and the program manager...there is no standard '4 on 3 off' type thing if that's the answer you were looking for

Pay - depends on the aircraft, you'll start at $50K, $60K, or $70K depending on the airplane

PM me if you have specific questions

Again - depends on the center -- the center I'm at has been expanding soo rapidly it's been a challenge to get 'quality candidates'. When we interview a person it's way more important that we think the person has the personality and skills to be a good instructor....although there are some low minimums actual qualifications are basically a pilot's license and a pulse (even a weak one will do!). I think the only real requirements are the mins to get an ATP. We hire people to be instructors, not pilots - very important to differentiate between the two!!! We can teach you about the airplane - we can't teach you the desire to be an instructor. Just thinking back over the last ten guys/gals we've hired - it's a broad group, everything from piston flight instructing (no turbine time) to KC-135's and everything in between.

QOL depends on the Center.

I can only speak for the SAV Center. Life here at the Crown Jewel is pretty good. We work about half the weekends and we average about 15 days off a month.

Pay starts at 70k in the Gulfstreams with some Instructors who are FAA/JAA/TRE Examiners making well over 100K. Hard for some to believe but true.

Our schedule here in SAV varies with the WX. Light work load in June, July, August and December. Very busy other months. Almost like the Military in December with a half day/show your face couple times a week deal.

In my opinion FSI is a Awesome job/hidden secret.

Oh, I also sleep in my bed every night and coach my kids sports teams.

I thought I would refresh this, since it's old and I have a phone interview this week. So what's going on at Flight Safety these days?

Latest resources

Back