Flight-review question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

naviator

I'm working at a 135 charter-company flying Lear 55 and I just finished recurrent training at FlightSafety. I do not have an ATP or a type.

I got my last instructor rating in February 2001, so my flight-review is due next February.

Does the 135 SIC check-ride (with my non-instructor check airman) count as a flight-review? What about my recurrent training at FlightSafety?

61.56(d) States ".....passed a pilot proficiency check conducted by an examiner, an approved pilot check airman, or a U.S. Armed Force, for a pilot certificate, rating, or operating privelege need not accomplish the flight review required by this section."

Your SIC ride itself qualifies.

SIC Ride Works

The SIC ride works, as posted, because it was a 135 ride with a Check Airman.

Here's another thing to consider ... I don't know about FSI, but SimCom and Simuflite both participate in Wings ... when you go through recurrent, they'll sign you off and submit your paperwork to the FAA for the Wings program if you want. Completing a Wings phase counts as a flight review. So, I automatically have one every six months! Plus, they always sign off an IPC at recurrent as well, so that box is checked.

Fly safe!

R

Latest resources

Back