Flight Review in an Ultralight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fly_Chick

Anyone know of any restrictions on a CFI giving a flight review on an ultra-light experimental single engine land aircraft?

Does the person giving the flight review need to have any kind of experimental aircraft ratings? Or is it just appropirately rated in the category and class?

I would suspect that if you don't need a license to fly it, you can't use it for a flight review.

Disclaimer: I have no regs to back this up, I'm too lazy to look them up, and the closest thing I've flown to an ultralight is a J-3.

(Sorry, I guess I'm pretty much useless.)
:)

Fly_Chick said:
Anyone know of any restrictions on a CFI giving a flight review on an ultra-light experimental single engine land aircraft?

Does the person giving the flight review need to have any kind of experimental aircraft ratings? Or is it just appropirately rated in the category and class?
A part 103 legal ultralight isn't an aircraft, no pilot ratings are required to operate it, no flight time that is accrueable towards any FAA certificate can be obtained in one, and a CFI can't give a flight review in one.

'Sled

Latest resources

Back