Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fly4unclesam

All,

I realize this dosen't fit the "major" category but I figured many of you would have experience with this subject since you all take checkrides with company check pilots and also fly general aviation.

FAR 61.56 says:

d) A person who has, within the period specified in paragraph (c) of this section, passed a pilot proficiency check conducted by an examiner, an approved pilot check airman, or a U.S. Armed Force, for a pilot certificate, rating, or operating privilege need not accomplish the flight review required by this section.

I am active duty Air Force and, based on the above, I know that the checkrides I take with the Air Force satisfy the requirement for a BFR within 24 calendar months. My question deals with logging of the time. Do I need an entry in my civilian logbook for my Air Force proficiency check? Are my military flight records (computer printout and copy of the eval) ok to satisfy the requirement? Of course I can produce a copy of my proficiency checks if ever asked but I don't want to get in trouble with the FAA one day for not "logging" it in a civilian logbook. What do you guys do for your company checks? Do you use them or do you still get a BFR for GA flying?

Thanks

All,

I realize this dosen't fit the "major" category but I figured many of you would have experience with this subject since you all take checkrides with company check pilots and also fly general aviation.

FAR 61.56 says:

d) A person who has, within the period specified in paragraph (c) of this section, passed a pilot proficiency check conducted by an examiner, an approved pilot check airman, or a U.S. Armed Force, for a pilot certificate, rating, or operating privilege need not accomplish the flight review required by this section.

I am active duty Air Force and, based on the above, I know that the checkrides I take with the Air Force satisfy the requirement for a BFR within 24 calendar months. My question deals with logging of the time. Do I need an entry in my civilian logbook for my Air Force proficiency check? Are my military flight records (computer printout and copy of the eval) ok to satisfy the requirement? Of course I can produce a copy of my proficiency checks if ever asked but I don't want to get in trouble with the FAA one day for not "logging" it in a civilian logbook. What do you guys do for your company checks? Do you use them or do you still get a BFR for GA flying?

Thanks

IMHO you don't have to do anything. I used my airline checkrides as a BFR and never put anything in my log book. BFR's came along after I left the USAF but the same thing would apply, no civilian log entry would be necessary, your Form 5 is enough.

Latest resources

Back