Flight Qualities

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sammy

Interested in hearing from those who have actually flown the planes in question.

Which plane has better flying qualities?

A. G350, 450 vs F2000, 900

B. F2000, 900 vs Challenger300

exactly what flight quality are you looking for? There are several...slow flight, ground handling, initial climb, cruise, turning, config. changes, descent...I could go on.

I fly a G450 in your above a/c selections and each aircraft is different. The 450/550s are just simply the best. I can't write down on a blog what it's like to be in Gulfstream, you just have to experience it for yourself. If you could be more specific, maybe I can tell what the qualities are.

Blah blah ... gulfstream ...

They are all great. Depends on what you want to do and what kind of presence you want to have. Do you have an operating budget? Do costs matter? What is your mission.

If you are flying 4 people and never plan on crossing an ocean you cannot beat a CL-300. If money is no object, cannot go wrong with a G450 as it will cost you about 30k just to coast to coast alone.

Most peaple that have flown multiply aircraft seem to believe the Falcon line has the best handling qualities...

BTW ... I have never anyone complain about the handling characteristics of the Falcon ... With exception of the brakes ... however, that was by G200 and he only has one leg.

Last edited:
BTW ... I have never anyone complain about the handling characteristics of the Falcon ... With exception of the brakes ... however, that was by G200 and he only has one leg.

Nah, that long thing you keep staring at is not my leg!

"experience the Gulfstream for yourself"....lol, now thats precious.

They are all fine. Which one is the best? The one that pays the best and gives me the most time at home....dont care if its a Citation, Falcon, Gulfstream, Global etc.

Never noticed much of a difference between any of them.

Last edited:
Nah, that long thing you keep staring at is not my leg!

"experience the Gulfstream for yourself"....lol, now thats precious.

They are all fine. Which one is the best? The one that pays the best and gives me the most time at home....dont care if its a Citation, Falcon, Gulfstream, Global etc.

Never noticed much of a difference between any of them.

Whatever you get used to.

I'm guessing the only people who can reliably comment on this subject are test pilots that have extensively tested the handling qualities of competitor's aircraft.

I believe GVflyer did that (as have others, I'm sure).

Other than the Piper Lance (T-tail), I can't name a plane I've flown that doesn't compare favorably to others in the same class. There are some things I like about a Saratoga over an A-36. I like the 450 better than the 550--generally. But it's just a matter of preference, IMO.

TC

Well, to be honest, the nicest hand flying aircraft I've flown has been the Falcon 50EX and the 900EX, and I'd say the 50 is a little better than the 900. I did fly a G-IVSP and found it heavy on the controls.

Now, that being said, I would not make the decision on what to buy on which aircraft hand flies better.

Well, to be honest, the nicest hand flying aircraft I've flown has been the Falcon 50EX and the 900EX, and I'd say the 50 is a little better than the 900. I did fly a G-IVSP and found it heavy on the controls.

Now, that being said, I would not make the decision on what to buy on which aircraft hand flies better.

Funny how opinions differ lol....I hated the 900EX but really like the 7X.

Flew a GIVsp also and thought was fine, similar to anything else..but I didn't get that "G community" orgasm...:confused:

I think FBW will put to rest a lot of the BS opinions as they will all fly the same....and still stand by the fact that the one that pays the best and keeps me home the most is the best flying one.

IMHO - the god-like G850, Global 9000, Falcon 9X (or whatever) that goes to Mumbai --- sucks.

:)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back