Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

John2375

Hi everyone,

It seems I may have the opportunity to fly an airplane from the "lower-48" to Alaska later this spring or early summer. In the excitement of the prospect, I started planning some trips... but have reached a stumbling block -

I'm using DUATS, and it's claiming to not be able to identify airports up there - am I doing something wrong?
I don't know what the exact routing will be as of yet, and may involve going up through inland Canada and then over, but either way, duats isn't letting me do it... and I don't feel like using the old-fashioned method LOL.
Anyone have any insight?

Thanks

Make sure you use PA and not K for the airport codes. I.e. Anchorage is PANC, Juneau is PAJN, etc.

Yeah I tried that... I did a flight from KBFI to PANC and it said it couldn't identify "panc" ..
One time I got it to work on a flight from KBFI to Ketchikan (can't remember it's identifier off hand) however it gave me the "no wind" flight plan which doesn't do me any good either lol

Hmm. Been many moons since I used DUATS. Im guessing it has something to do with the fact that some portion of your route will be through Canada. Does DUATS handle international routes well?

If you're trying to do an auto route, it won't accept it for whatever reason. Select one of the other options and it should work for you.

OK next question for anybody who's flown from down here to up there.

What websites would you recommend for weather planning through Canada?

Fltplan.com is the best resource for your trip. Canadian WX and charts are available too.

Latest resources

Back