Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BenderGonzales

Seems like most people these days are using flightplan.com

Are there any other internet or software based flightplanners that you folks like to use? If so, what are the benefits over flightplan.com, and is it worth the money?

"fltplan.com ", because "flightplan" will take you to another site(for sure) that costs money(I think).

I began using fltplan a number of months ago and it's just awesome. Very little I would change about it. A friend's department recently switched to Airinc and it's supposed to be really really good. I was really impressed when I heard what they did for you, but it costs thousands a year(per a/c).

I haven't seen or heard of anything that tops fltplan. Especially for free.

As long as all your flying is done in the lower 48, www.fltplan.com can't be beat. It is routinely accurate on our flight times within a minute, and it's not uncommon for it to be within 100# on fuel burn.

I print the a/c performance profile pages, and take them with me for a few flights. I check the actual parameters at different points in the climb and descent, as well as cruise, then update it on the 'puter. Works great!

Now, if only they would expand the coverage area... It's a free website now, I would have no problem paying for it if they expanded the capabilities!

Last edited:
Fltplan.com the product is great!!! The interface of the website Sucks Sucks Sucks.... Ughh.. Someone needs to take a human interface design course!
Oh well, I havent heard anything bad about them and I have a friend who flies a GIV that uses them all the time!

I always use fltplan.com for domestic flights. But it wont work if your flying to Europe or Hawaii.. There are two other sites that work well and they allow for Hawaii and some intl flight planning.. WWW.DUATS.COM and WWW.DUAT.com. I personally prefer the first one. Duats (plural) is a black and white program that has weather and real time winds aloft. It also allow for Aircraft profiling with fuel burn. Duat (singular) is a program that Im not very familiar with, so I cant say alot about it. But it says you have the ability to file a domestic or ICAO flightplan.

Last edited:
I switched from fltplan.com to flitestar then back to fltplan.com again. Flitestar has to be the most user unfriendly and illogical flight planning software ever. It reminded me of my Fortran classes back in college.

I tried Voyager (they give a 10 day free trial) and I liked it (especially printing chart packs) but it looked as though it was made for light airplanes.

They didnt have any light-jet profiles and weren't willing to develop any.

fltplan.com for me in the US and Bahama's. The site has great features and each time I use it I wonder when they are going to start charging for it.

We use fltplan.com exclusively for domestic and then we'll use either mygdc.com or jetplan.com (Jeppesen) for international stuff (outside of Bahamas). Both of those don't cost a dime until you actually file the flight plan and you can include handling if you want. Usually, our schedulers do the handling stuff, though. mygdc.com works just fine. Plug in performance #'s and you're off.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back