Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cruise 450

"giddy-up!"
Can anybody tell me if FO is hiring yet and if so is 1500TT and ATP written still the quals for R/S TP position since the RTA merger?
Thanks a bunch in advance!

cruise450

It sounds like 2000 TT with 500 Multi is what they are using for minimums right now. The HR guy has a stack of resumes on his desk about 5 inches thick right now, and those are just the resumes of pilots who have had them walked in by current employees. If you know anyone on the inside, that's the way to get noticed. Have them walk your resume into HDQ and wait patiently. Good luck.

Well hey, I've got nearly 700 multi, almost 550 of turbine of which nearly 300 is jet. I was hoping they'd come down from 1500TT since the merger. Do you think if I were able to get a resume on their desk they would consider me for employment?
Thanks!
cruise450

I had a buddy turn my app in and spoke directly with EG. I have over 2000 hrs TT almost 700 Jet and about 200 PIC jet and a current 135 Captain

They have over a thousand resumes from pilots that are referred and most are way over 5,000 hrs. I was told my times were not competitive with other applicants

They have about the same number of resumes as EJA and fewer jobs. The competitive mins are higher.

Flight Options uses a point based scale when it comes to interviews. The maximum you can get is four. If you have a friend who walks in your resume, it's an automatic two points. They look at your background and experience, and they give you points based on what they see. From that, they determine who is interviewed and who isn't. Or maybe those with the most points interview first, and the ones with the least interview last, not too sure.

I think the flight times in our class ranged from about 2,500 hours to 4,000+. Half of the class came out of turboprops (all PICs, SF-340, BE-99, BE 1900) and the rest came out of jets. Some of the jet guys were PIC and some were SIC. The experience of the newbies really varied, some were airline, some corporate and some freight dogs.

If you meet the minimums, send resumes and find someone to walk it in for you. Someone with 2,500 hours and a recommendation has just as good a shot as a 6,000 hour jet jock with four type ratings. Good luck.

Thanks guy's! I appreciate all the info. And will keep all of it in mind. Guess I'll just have to keep on keepin on till I reach the mins. Then worry about getting my resume in!

cruise450

I didnt get the call this time around. Did they say how many they would hire this year? Are they still interviewing?

talked

The last time I talked with them just before the merger they thought they would be overstaffed for a short period due to the differnt philosophies at TA versu FO

In the next month or two, I think starting in June, Options will be running one class of ten per month for the indefinite future. That was the latest word. Haven't heard anything in the last week or so. By the sounds of it, there are lots of airplanes on order and lots of pilot slots to fill. Right now everything is staffed, but the hiring will continue. When the airplanes arrive, pilots will be on property to fill them.

Last I knew, they are still interviewing. I don't know how many or how often, but they are still interviewing. Good luck.

Latest resources

Back